“STAY AWAY Try any other hotel in the area”
Review of Sands Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
Sands Resort
Ranked #30 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Tourist
“STAY AWAY Try any other hotel in the area”
Reviewed August 17, 2010

This place was horrible. First they charge people based on when they come and how they feel... We started our stay at 99$ a night and the next couple after us 129$... Not only that but after to add one night, one person said 159 the other 129... Felt like I was being sold a t-shirt on the boardwalk...
The worst is that the competition is sooooo much better. Right in front is the sands inn which offers a pool and has published prices which they respect... The rooms seem bigger and they can actually accommodate a family. Thats where we will stay next year!
Also, the rooms are really bad. Carpet is old so are sofas and beds... A/C dates from 1986! Blinds are missing and don't cover any daylight. Only good part is they have free wifi. Sofa bed feels like you have knives stubbing you in the back. Refrigerator is as old as the hotel and cutlery should not be offered as it's not cleaned by hotel staff...
The worst part is the management. I first have to compliment the night management which was very nice; but the day management is very rude and made us regret our stay. When I was asking for a reason why they would not honor our rate to extend one night they answered by telling us "if you are not happy we can make you leave" offended I asked if they were kicking us out and they said"I was disrupting the office".
You can see what kind of people manage this hotel... Just 2 words... STAY AWAY!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank shim9

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Boston
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I went in to the sands resort with my husband and another couple. We read the policy which stated that there could only be a maximum of 4 people in the room to spend the night...ok so far. We went out for the first night and came back very late... the guys were singing but in a foreign language... they told us to be quiet..ok. Next day we go to the beach and my friends parents come to the resort with us to wait until we get ready to go out again but a VERY RUDE guy knocks in our door saying that they have to leave. Ok they leave but they ended up calling the police on us. And made us leave the hotel... It was the worst humiliation of my life...We did get the money back for the night we didn't stay there and besides they charged us with $100.00 more....absolutely ridiculous. The cops were rude and didn't listen to our side... I was very disappointed. NEVER GOING BACK IN MY LIFE

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KMereciano

Travelers are raving about these Hampton hotels

colorado
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Had stayed here before, years ago, and when I pulled it up online it didn't look like it had changed a whole lot. BOY was I wrong. They definitely had not updated there pictures online. The room is a decent size but very run down. The sleeper sofa in the TV room looked like they had picked it up off the side of the road from someones trash. When you sat in it, you sank into it. The maid service knocked on our door and we were not quite ready for them. When we left to go sightseeing, they were still on our floor but never returned. We had to go to the front desk to get more clean towels for the next day and I had to make the bed. Not my idea of a vacation. They should have given us a refund.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank arvaco35
Portland, Maine
Reviewed May 24, 2010

I've stayed in Hampton Beach a few times, and always at a pricey hotel right on the main drag. This time, our budget didn't permit (the other Hotel was $200 a night) so I thought I'd give the Sands a try, at $130 a night.

We were very pleased with the fact that we had a kitchenette, private balcony and separate living room! The gym was decent, and we loved the huge jacuzzi - water was very clean and nice and hot! There was also a sauna.

Location is ideal! Far enough away from the noise of the clubs at night, but only a 2 minute walk to the beach, restaurants, clubs and the Casino Ballroom.

Room was comfortable, bed was great, shower was awesome - but it would have been great to have a coffee maker in the room, since there is no coffee in the lobby in the morning.

I will definately stay there again!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LaurieD003
Sturbridge, MA
Reviewed September 8, 2009

We had stayed at The Sands numerous times in the past but not for 15 years or so. We have avoided it in the past several years thinking that it must, by this time, be very run down. Our son and family recently stayed at The Sands as it was a place from his childhood and was happy with the cleaniness in which to bring his family. My husband and I then spent what we intended to be one night and were so pleased with the room(s) that we extended our stay another night. I would not hesitate to return and am looking forward to a fall trip to the beach.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MyOpinionSturbridge
Massachusetts
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Sands Hotel, Hampton Beach, New Hampshire
No blankets or bedspread on beds...after 3 requests, 1 bedspread delivered to us at 10:00 at night.
Flies everywhere in our room...broken window screens--we had to use rolled-up towels to stop more from coming in. Front desk informed; their response, "are they the big flies or little ones?...The little ones won't hurt you, they are just a nuisance."
Ceiling fan broken, hanging by wires and a few screws...almost fell down when turned on. Only 2 lights in a 4 light fan.
Room service...bed never made--(therefore, we made ourselves); towels not replaced until late afternoon, early evening (from day before).
Moldy fridge in kitchenette.
Sofa mattress with springs coming out.
Beer can under bed...not hard to see if the room was throughly cleaned as it is a box bed...can't go under very far.
Only toiletry provided was small bar of soap...no shampoo, nothing.
Bright spot light comes in through windows. Hanging blinds are broken/missing slats and cannot be adjusted to block out light. We tried putting up towels, but the light was too bright.
No clock or alarm clock in rooms...
On a positive note, microwave worked, plenty of cabinet space in kitchen and bathroom, good sized closet in bedroom, good sized family room, close to beach.

4 Thank ScienceMother
Connecticut
Reviewed August 30, 2009

This is the worst place I have ever stayed at. I cannot believe they call this a resort. Wanted to leave as soon as we saw the room. We even thought about sleeping in the car. Decided to stay since we were tired from long drive. The room looked like it had not had a real cleaning in a long time . In the kitchen the chairs were stained, also one seat was not screwed to the chair. When you tried to push in your seat the seat separated from the chair frame. The knobs for the sink were rusty.
When we opened the sleeper sofa for our kids there was no sheet on the mattress. There were potato chip crumbs and sand all over the mattress. The ceiling had a large brown stain on it We found folded sheets in the closet with dirt on them . The kitchen cabinets were warped. The bathroom floor was cracked. The wallpaper was peeling throughout the room. We were there on a rainy and windy day . It was cold but and the heater in the room didn't work. The so called gym was totally outdated . The Jacuzzi had sand in it. We were so disgusted that we left the next day one day after paying for a two night stay. Do not go !

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family