“If you like it quiet, this is the place !!!”

Tidewater Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hampton
Tidewater Campground
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I do like the quiet, so I was very impressed with the cleanliness and the peacefulness of this park. We only stayed three nights and never sat outside as we were on the go most of the day. It did get humorous to watch people driving "walking speed", as this is basically a crawl in an auto. However, I can appreciate how saft this makes it for the kids. All the other rules were the same as any other campground. The only difference is that THEY ENFORCE the rules here, and don't let people get too loud or drive too fast.

My GPS did not locate it coming from the South off Exit 1, rte 95, so USE exit 2, as the directions tell you. If you come from the South up Rte 1, you have to go around what is basically a rotary to head South on Rte 1. Once on Rte 1 South the campground is easy to find on the right...but the GPS may believe that 160 Lafayette Rd is 1/4 mile further down Rte 1 !!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Tidewater Campground

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We were really upset with our experience at this campground.

Not only we need to be COMPLETELY silent after 10 and no more fire after 11:00, they would not allow us to put 2 tents on one campground. Also, they made us pay for the 2 extra adults. It ended up costing us 50 $ a night for 4 adults on a camp site!

The owners are really strict on rules and check everything. They do not like young people and are really condescendant. They will not let you enter with a surf board.

Ideal for older people who want a quiet place
Close to the beach (5 min by car)

Room Tip: tent sites are really close to each other
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank anais123
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I was a sesonal camper here for 2 seasons. The campground is reasonable priced and convenient to the beach. The owners are very rude and yes there are a lot of rules. I did not mind the rules of driving slow as I have young children. I felt the campgrund was very safe for my children and we met some wonderful people. I avoided the office as much as possible as she is always rude and unfriendly. Otherwise it is a clean and well maintained campground. I am no longer seasonal as they do not offer planned activities and I would like more things for my children to do then the 1 playground and the small arcade.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Campingfool1
Reviewed April 15, 2012

we came into the office talking in a normal tone until we were told that we should be using our "indoor voices"? Talking to us like we were children. We found it very condescending and rude! we got a warning we were driving to fast as soon as we arrived at our site! we were going slower than bicycle speed. I understand the need for safety with kids around , but they over do it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Shawn P
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I love this place. Visited twice in August 2011. The best campground ever visited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I really love their walking speed rule.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nistru
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We arrived after a long drive and upon going to check in we were greeted not with a "How was your journey?", but with a stern telling off about driving at walking speed - and we hadn't even got into the site yet. As we drove in fellow campers made signs indicating that the correct walking speed was that of a geriatric old lady with a broken leg.
Signs were everywhere telling you what not to do including no less than 33 seperate signs in the small unheated outdoor swimming pool. Any interaction with the staff in the office was like trying to make friends with a state trooper who'd just pulled you over for dangerous driving.
Stangely on a very busy holiday weekend when there were several big events in the area, this campsite was pretty empty. I guess word has got around. We will not be going back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
16  Thank Heywoodwest
Reviewed August 15, 2011

the worst campground owners i ever met. we got yelled at every time we drove in for going to fast no matter how slow we went. the lady in the office is not very freindly. will not stay here again. to bad the camp grond is clean and close to the beach.

Room Tip: good luck if you stay here with the walking speed rule you cannot drive slow enough for them!!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank tim f
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton
Hampton Village Resort
#13 of 41 in Hampton
Seabrook Inn
Seabrook Inn
#3 of 3 in Seabrook

Been to Tidewater Campground? Share your experiences!