Recently came back to New Hampshire to visit family during Mother's day. My brother said he had made reservations at the Ashworth by the Sea. When he told me this it made the hair on the back of my neck go up. Only thing I could remember was having my Junior Prom there and how bad the hotel was.
Upon arrival I immediately noticed the changes. The valet boys were well groomed and professional. The front desk was polite and friend but not that phony snubbish attitude you get at some beach resort hotels. But the biggest change I noticed was the decor of the hotel. It wasn't that "Seventies Something" any more. It was bright warm and inviting. I would call it Modern Seaside Cottage. Another words, no wicker hanging lamp insight.
I found out from one of the employees the hotel was recently purchased by a New Hampshire company and they sunk a lot of money into the renovations. It was nice to see a remodel where they saved a historic hotel instead of knocking it down and building new.
I was totally impressed! Hopefully the rest of Hampton Beach will take notice and do something about the neighboring hotels.
Oh, and as for one of the previous comments by another traveler.... I didn't find one hole in my walls or bugs anywhere. Also the price was right and didn't put a ding in my wallet like the prices 20 minutes away in Portsmouth.
I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open year round, Ashworth by the Sea offers friendly New England hospitality in an elegant, boutique setting overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. We've maintained the historical aspects of the hotel, which has been a Hampton Beach Landmark for the past 100 years, and our recent renovation has updated the hotel with all the modern conveniences and amenities today's traveler expects. Ashworth by the Sea offers captivating views overlooking award-winning beaches, as well as creative dining, superior service, well-appointed rooms, and a superb location on Hampton Beach, New Hampshire. We look forward to welcoming you to our beach hotel. With New Hampshire's only sandy beach just outside your front door, the hotel has been designed to provide a tranquil seaside retreat. Stay with us, and you'll enjoy elegantly furnished guestrooms, three restaurants offering some of the finest dining on Hampton Beach, and effortless access to the area's prime attractions, including Odiorne Point, Rye Harbor and the Kittery Outlets. A wide variety of family amusements including a water park, zoo, museums, the Casino Ballroom concert arena, and tax-free shopping, are all within minutes of our doors. Relax and enjoy the ocean views from your private balcony, or take a dip in our refreshing heated pool before strolling off to discover one of the many fine shops or historical sites nearby. With over 6,000 square feet of event space and five dynamic function rooms, Ashworth by the Sea is a top destination for weddings, social gathering and corporate meetings on Hampton Beach and the Seacoast. Ashworth by the Sea is the perfect destination for romantic getaways, family vacations, girlfriends' shopping weekends, or corporate retreats. While many Hampton Beach hotels close once the summer rush is over, Ashworth by the Sea welcomes guests throughout the year, making us ideal for travelers who prefer to enjoy the quieter, off-season side of the New England coast in the cooler months. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Orbitz, Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Ashworth by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ashworth By The Sea Hotel Hampton
- Ashworth By The Sea Hampton
- Ashworth Sea
- Ashworth Hotel Hampton Nh