Ashworth by the Sea
Sands Resort(Hampton)
Dolphyn Motel(Hampton)
Janmere Motel(Hampton)
  • Pool
All reviewsoff seasonbreakers restaurantvalet parkingvalet servicehampton beachacross the streetindoor poolbreakfast restaurantocean viewsmall balconyoceanfront roommini fridgecasino ballroomdjwharfsidesandbarlounge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 17, 2010

This place is really quite fantastic. My Boyfriend and I wanted to go to Hampton Beach to check out places to stay in the summer. My co-worker recommended we chek out the Ashworth. The location is perfect and after seeing the some of the hotels on the strip it is easy to see the Ashworth is the nicest, by far-honestly you can't compare. We loved everything about the hotel, the rooms were clean and recently updated, the staff to be very friendly and the GM is a really nice guy-we were talking to the bartender about how our car had broken down on the way there and the next thing we knew the GM had bought us a round of drinks. After giving our thanks, we told him how much we liked the hotel and he told us about the new dinning room and lounge renovations -we are looking forward to coming back, that is for sure. Despite the bad weather, having an ocean front room where you can order dinner in your room and watch the winter waves, is really quite fantastic!

Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2010

The dining room was under renovations so we ate dinner at the pub; food was horrible and my husband got sick off of it later in the night. The menu selection was lacking and the clam chowder tasted like it came from a can. We could not get the temp right in the room; all night it was either too hot or too cold. We woke up to the sound of drills at 7:30am because our room (oceanview suite) was located above the main dining room which was being renovated; the drilling stopped for maybe an hour after I called the front desk and complained and then we began hearing hammering. Upon check out the clerk did offer us breakfast coupons since we called down about the drilling but at that point we could not wait to get out of there and did not want to eat the breakfast since the dinner was so horrible. We were also disappointed in the "indoor swimming pool". You actually had to walk outside to get to the indoor pool. I was not about to walk outside in my bathing suit when it was below freezing outside, especially when I would have been wet from swimming, so we chose not to use it, which was a big reason we chose this hotel in the first place.

The best part of our trip to the seacoast was the IHOP breakfast in Portsmouth after we left the hotel. We will not be returning to this hotel ever.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
peterc1960, General manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2010

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. Our main goal is to provide dependable service to all of our guests. This was disappointing to hear that you were so unhappy and rightfully so.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from all of our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right and in this case when we miss the opportunity to impress.

I would like to discuss your visit and see if I could invite you back as my guest to show you that we can improve upon that experience you had.

Again thanks for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

I will be in touch to discuss the entire detail of the visit.

Again my sincere apologies for a bad visit to our hotel.

Reviewed February 14, 2010

Nice stay staff very helpful enjoyed the view. I would recommend the Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed February 7, 2010

Our stay was just as planed , Staff was great and our room was more then advertized ,Very nice ....Thank you Food..was the best as well as room service

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2010

we were just looking for an overnight getaway there was a band playing at nearby club.
the desk cleark was VERY nice and gave us an ocean view upgrade without asking!! the room was clean. the bar staff was very freindly! the off season rate was also very good, would recomed to anyone!!
Joe & Sheila