All reviewsbreakers restaurantoff seasonvalet parkingvalet servicehampton beachacross the streetindoor poolbreakfast restaurantocean viewsmall balconyoceanfront roompark your carnew hampshiredjwharfsidesandbarlounge
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a relaxing anniversary weekend at Ashworth by the Sea on Hampton Beach in quiet mid-October. I highly recommend this time of year to avoid the extreme business of the summer season while still enjoying great weather. We reserved an ocean front room- totally worth it! And included the breakfast and dinner package- again totally great deal and worth it.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Norm D, General Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Congratulations on your anniversary and thank you for choosing us for this special occasion celebration. A reminder that we are now open all year round again so keep us in mind when you get another chance to get away! Great rates and dining specials throughout the next months. Look forward to seeing you and thanks again!!

Reviewed October 8, 2017

Resort fees added along with parking fees...and doesn't serve Breakfast as stated in their directory at 6:30am At 7:16am I left the hotel and when to another for my breakfast - they refused to give me a hotel bill but they did give me a bill for parking and for Destination amenity fees & destination fee $ 15.00 - this fee is charged by them because I may have walked on the beach !

Parking options I was charged $ 18.00 I was told I couldn't park in the medium that I had to use their valet service to have my car parked. I tipped the valet $5.00 each day. The staff is rude at best

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank Fraser D
Reviewed October 3, 2017

The hotel staff was excellent. The people very friendly and helpful. Valet, servers, front desk clerks, house keeping personnel, all great and on the ball, couldn't ask for better service. Shops we got to see the people were very friendly and courteous. The food excellent and walking around just great.

Room Tip: If you want a full view of the ocean, get the front, Don't like waking to the sun, get the South West or West side rooms
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Norm D, General Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

So glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations and thank you for choosing us for your visit to the beach. This is a great time of the year to visit and we are now open all year round. If you did not know we used to be 'part time' in the past from Nov. - March but not any more...so when you need to get away and back to the area please keep us in mind. Great value rates during the 'off season', food and drink specials and still have DJ & dancing on the weekends. See you the next time.

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

We could hear our neighbors through the walls and had to request a room change. Whereas one hotel desk attendant told me all rooms were the same, we were fortunate to have another attendant offer another room, bring us the room keys.

Other staff were attentive.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your staying with us and your comments are extremely valuable. We do have many different rooms and many are a little more soundproof than others and sorry for the confusion. I am certainly glad we were able to accommodate you. I look forward to your next stay and please let us know how we can make you stay even better.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

I attended a conference at the Ashworth last week for 5 days. Upon arriving I was greeted friendly by Joe, which made my uncertainty about this hotel, feel a bit better.

The Ashworth, is nearly a century year old property. That being said, it shows some way from the renovations that were done just about 30 years ago. Though the lobby is bright and clean, the elevators and the room floors need a major lift. The Ballroom, which I sat in for 4 days, was a trip. An old, what seemed to have been a very stately room in a previous life, was bastardized by the inclusion of "new" lighting from the 60 that are placed on the walls and columns with NO intent of knowing style.

All in all, the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The views from every room makes this a come back to soon.. what a location!!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business

Great to hear from you and thanks for your comments. It was a great conference for us to host and hope you come back again...we certainly enjoyed the entire group. I do appreciate the comments regarding the recent renovations and yes, we have more work to do and will be looking to add more in the near future. In the end I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here and hope you can visit us when you have free time to enjoy the beach, sand and the surf...