“Vacation”

Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Chelmsford, Massachusetts, United States
“Vacation”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

this is probably one of the best places to stay. what keeps them from a good review is that there housekeeping is slow. would be in the late afternoon or so before your room is done. also the owner is not a very nice person,rude and does not know how to present herself. went to one of there new years eve packages,the next day we got breakfast,i had a dunkin donut coffee and she went postal on me!!!!!! as i was sitting there and not feeling warm and fuzzy, i saw other people come in with dunkin donut coffee and was wondering if she went postal on them as well. have not been back since. there have been other dealings with her as well,my daughter had a confrontation with her as well,i guess she was going postal again for fear that my daughter was going to park were she was not suppose to,the parking was for hotel employees and my daughter can read and saw the sign,maybe its time she retired.

Room Tip: watch out for the owner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Martha R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Polish first
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 7, 2013

first time to hampton beach as a family. we wanted somewhere close to the beach (have a 4 & 3 YO - so we didn't want to have to walk too far to get to the beach). I researched many spots online and the Ashworth seemed to be the nicest of all. We LOVED the hotel, the rooms, the people and the restaurants - all of it! Luckily the time we wanted to travel (after Labor day) resulted in more afordable prices - not sure we could have picked this place during peak time.

Definitely recommend and we'll definiately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Gina L
Ashworth_By_The_Sea, Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Gina L,

Thank you very much for such a positive review of our hotel and sharing your families experience during your recent visit. We take pride in providing excellent service and are delighted that you chose to stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family again and again !

Sea you at the Beach !

Hotel Resident Manager
603-926-6762 X398
Stoughton
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We loved the room, the dinner was awesome - got fish and chips (haddock) and was so fluffy - the beds were so comfortable, clean, awesome new bathroom, had breakfast in the breakfast restaurant and loved it - stayed all day at the beach and everyone was more than accomodating - LOVED IT!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mmmarkl
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This place is the best!

My wife stumbled upon the Ashworth by the Sea 4 years ago as a Travelzoo discount deal at the end of summer so we took a gamble and went for it.

Been going every summer since.

The hotel is astounding for the "old boardwalk" area. I'm not a "snob" traveler, but I like to stay in places that are at least as nice (usually better) than my house.

But I also love the old-school feel of arcade boardwalks with crummy t-shirt sellers, and just a fun younger feel to it.

This fits the bill to a "T"! Outside it's old beach bum boardwalk, but once you get back on the Ashworth property it's clean as can be, quiet, and professional. Walking through the doors is a great way to get some peace back in your mind. (doors that are usually opened by one of their valet staff - who are typically younger kids making a summer buck - love it!)

Breakers restaurant (in case there's not a separate review place) is a 10/10! Seriously! Now I can't eat shell-fish, so I get a burger (which is always awesome), or a fish fry (again, awesome!), but my wife swears that they have the best lobster dinner around - and we've now been everywhere in the area.

The Wharfside for breakfast (another on-site place) is the greatest diner.

But don't get me wrong, these places are neat, clean, up to date, and very professional. Like I said, the boardwalk is as old-school as it gets. The Ashworth hotel is the exact opposite.

Anyway, enough bragging. The place is awesome, definitely a "win" in our book.

Room Tip: The actual oceanfront rooms cost a fortune but are worth it for the view. The ocean "view"...
1 Thank rjcalnan
newengland4me, Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear RJCalnan,

What a wonderful and picturesque reveiw you have written about your vacation this summer in Hampton Beach. I could smell the beach reading this !

We are delighted that you have continued to return year after year! It is positive reveiws such as this one, that reaffirm our passion for taking great care of our guests - we thank you !

Please say hello the next time you are here !

Resident Hotel Manager

603-926-6762 X 398
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 5, 2013

After growing up staying in cottages at Hampton Beach, I decided to finally stay at the Ashworth when bringing my young family to Hampton for the first time. I am so glad I did!

I had originally planned to travel with my three children and chose a king standard room (king bed with sofa bed). However, at the last minute, my husband was able to join us and I was thrilled that, upon arrival, the hotel was able to offer us a larger, upgraded room (Ashworth King Oceanfront). The valet parking was fast and friendly. Everyone we encountered on the staff greeted us with a smile and a "what can we do for you?" attitude.

The room was not huge but it was comfortable, clean and very quiet. I had been nervous about this when I saw we were on the corner of the building (where Ashworth, Ocean, and Nudd all meet). This room proved to be the perfect place to enjoy the Wednesday evening fireworks from our balcony.

Our plan had been to enjoy the beach after our 11 am checkout, however, the day we were leaving was overcast and cold. The staff was kind enough to let us keep our car in valet after checkout and let the children enjoy the pool for a while before we headed home.

The room was not inexpensive, relatively speaking to other properties in the area. But we felt like it was worth the money for how we were treated while we were there. When we return to Hampton again for a one or two night stay, we would absolutely choose the Ashworth again.

3 Thank MamaCyn_13
montreal
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I really appreciated my weekend in that hotel. Clean, just in front of the beautiful beach, staff very nice and all services. I enjoyed eating at the restaurant and the coffeeshop and having a drink at the Sandbar. The room was very nice, enough space, super bathroom, balcony with view on the ocean, quiet and very comfortable beds, Even if a little bit expensive, it is worth trying it. I really recommend!

2 Thank nefertiti2
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The rooms were clean, hotel staff was VERY pleasant and the basic amenities were good. We stayed a few nights, split between two rooms. The hotel staff was very nice and we really appreciated the valet parking. The first room at the pool was nice; the balcony for the second room was really gross. The view was bad and the smells from the restaurants wafted directly onto our balcony so we couldn't stand to be out on it.

Room Tip: Rooms in the north tower seem better and oceanfront is definitely the way to go. Anything over the p...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Seastardodell,

Thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw and providing your feedback. We aplogize that one of your room locations was less than satisfactory. Our balcony replacements are in process and ( as you may have noticed) the older wooden style are being replaced with tempered glass to afford a much improved view for our guests. We also appreciate the positive comments you made regarding our hotel cleanliness and our friendly staff!

We hope to see you again in the near future,

Resident Hotel Manager