“A Great Trip”

Ashworth by the Sea
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed September 5, 2013

After growing up staying in cottages at Hampton Beach, I decided to finally stay at the Ashworth when bringing my young family to Hampton for the first time. I am so glad I did!

I had originally planned to travel with my three children and chose a king standard room (king bed with sofa bed). However, at the last minute, my husband was able to join us and I was thrilled that, upon arrival, the hotel was able to offer us a larger, upgraded room (Ashworth King Oceanfront). The valet parking was fast and friendly. Everyone we encountered on the staff greeted us with a smile and a "what can we do for you?" attitude.

The room was not huge but it was comfortable, clean and very quiet. I had been nervous about this when I saw we were on the corner of the building (where Ashworth, Ocean, and Nudd all meet). This room proved to be the perfect place to enjoy the Wednesday evening fireworks from our balcony.

Our plan had been to enjoy the beach after our 11 am checkout, however, the day we were leaving was overcast and cold. The staff was kind enough to let us keep our car in valet after checkout and let the children enjoy the pool for a while before we headed home.

The room was not inexpensive, relatively speaking to other properties in the area. But we felt like it was worth the money for how we were treated while we were there. When we return to Hampton again for a one or two night stay, we would absolutely choose the Ashworth again.

3  Thank MamaCyn_13

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I really appreciated my weekend in that hotel. Clean, just in front of the beautiful beach, staff very nice and all services. I enjoyed eating at the restaurant and the coffeeshop and having a drink at the Sandbar. The room was very nice, enough space, super bathroom, balcony with view on the ocean, quiet and very comfortable beds, Even if a little bit expensive, it is worth trying it. I really recommend!

2  Thank nefertiti2
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The rooms were clean, hotel staff was VERY pleasant and the basic amenities were good. We stayed a few nights, split between two rooms. The hotel staff was very nice and we really appreciated the valet parking. The first room at the pool was nice; the balcony for the second room was really gross. The view was bad and the smells from the restaurants wafted directly onto our balcony so we couldn't stand to be out on it.

Room Tip: Rooms in the north tower seem better and oceanfront is definitely the way to go. Anything over the p...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
newengland4me, Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Dear Seastardodell,

Thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw and providing your feedback. We aplogize that one of your room locations was less than satisfactory. Our balcony replacements are in process and ( as you may have noticed) the older wooden style are being replaced with tempered glass to afford a much improved view for our guests. We also appreciate the positive comments you made regarding our hotel cleanliness and our friendly staff!

We hope to see you again in the near future,

Warm Regards,

Brenda Goodwin
Resident Hotel Manager
603-926-6762 X398

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband, my two boys (10&12) and I stayed at the Ashworth in late August for an "End of Summer" getaway. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Everyone from the front desk staff, to housekeeping, to restaurant staff, to valet were extremely friendly and very accommodating. The Hampton area can be "iffy" and I was very apprehensive to book any hotel without seeing it beforehand. Thankfully all of the reviews on Tripadvisor directed me to this property and we couldn't have been happier. The rooms are not large but they are very well appointed and extremely clean. We LOVED the Sandbar deck / restaurant. What a great spot!

It's true that this property is a bit more expensive than others, but it's well worth the price.

NOTE: Right at check in, my son stubbed his toe and by the time we got to our room, we discovered that it required a bandage. A wonderful woman on the housekeeping staff went and got a band aid for us and was very kind as he was quite upset. This was going the "extra mile" in my opinion!

1  Thank ShelOt
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Got a special deal for a night stay for under $100. It was worth the money. I spent my summer vacations at Hampton Beach as a child and wanted to see it again with my daughter. This hotel is very conveniently located (not too close to the arcades and across the street from the beach). It is nicely remodeled. The best things about this hotel are; the bed (great linens and comfort factor), large bathroom, flat screen and free valet. It met our needs for a one night getaway.

The pool is indoors and it would have been so much nicer if it was outside. It was heavily chlorinated and stung our eyes after swimming. Tip: We ordered the Fish & Chips luncheon special at the downstairs restaurant. Great portions and very tasty. Not bad for a lunch under $11.00.

1  Thank Letsgoseetheworld
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was a great place to stay very clean and the staff was very courteous. Like the idea of right across the street from the ocean. The pool was comfortable but the air in side sitting around pool was too stuffy otherwise it was great. The outside patio was a great also which when were were there had a singer one night which was nice. The valet service guys parking the cars were wonderful very attentive and hard working. We enjoyed the breakfast at the breakers restaurant every morning not greasy at all.
The only thing I would change about the hotel is the DJ in the evening he was not up beat at all. It is a little pricey and it would be nice to receive discount for returning customers. Otherwise great place to stay. I would recommend this place. We hope to stay again in the same room it was perfect location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Linda H

Dear LH,

We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in August. Thank you for your positive comments and feedback. It was a fun summer at the beach and we are glad you enjoyed all we have to offer.

Warm Regards,

Brenda Goodwin
Resident Hotel Manager
603-926-6762 X 398

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We recently stayed for two nights on a great Internet special. The location is fabulous right across the street from the beach. Although small, the room had all the basics and was very clean which is the most important feature. The staff was absolutely wonderful. They allowed us to check in early so we could use the indoor pool. The valet was very accommodating with lots of personality. The Breakers restaurant was great. My order was incorrect and it was immediately rectified and the manager was quickly over offering a free dessert, etc. quite a nice gesture. The breakfast restaurant was more frenetic and the hostess was juggling multiple duties while everyone waited for a table. Regardless the meal was good and affordable. We would definitely stay there again.

1  Thank Joppatowne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton
Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern
#1 of 2 in Newburyport
Blue - Inn on the Beach
Blue - Inn on the Beach
#1 of 1 in Plum Island

Been to Ashworth by the Sea? Share your experiences!