“Hotel great,but Breakers restaurant was not.”

Ashworth by the Sea
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The Ashworth is a great hotelwith friedly curteous staff.I love this hotel, however , I will not return to the Breakers restaurant that is part of this complex..The waiter was excellent, but the food was not good. The menu was very disappointing and lacked the variety that was there in previous visits. The turkey dinner was missing from the menu. and the chicken parm had an old taste. Nothing extra like salad or bread came with the dinner. I will not return to this restaurant again.

Room Tip: ocean front or ocean view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I often drove for 3 hours, just to spend a day and eat at the wonderful Ashworth Hotel Restaurant, which was always fantastic. Our last trip was several months ago. I just returned from spending 2 nights at the Ashworth with my sister and looked forward to bringing her to the restaurant. I had the delicious roast turkey dinner in mind. We were both disgusted with the limited menu, and wound up with the Chicken parm and pasta meal. The chicken tasted old, was a bit tough, and of freezer burn quality. I ate 2 forkfuls and left the rest, as did my sister. Considering there was no bread, rolls, or salad, we thought the price was expensive. The menu was less than half of the one I remember. We will never eat there again. We walked down the street and ate a piece of pizza to satisfy our hunger.

Room Tip: If you want a full view of the ocean, ask for ocean front. An ocean view is a side view of the ocean...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Karen T
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Ashworth for one night to enjoy the Seafood festival and had a wonderful time. The service at the Ashworth was excellent. Everyone there was friendly and went out of their way to make our stay even more enjoyable. We were given a free upgrade for our room which included a balcony and side ocean view. I would recommend this hotel to my friends, as it is by far the nicest hotel at Hampton Beach. Can't wait to go back again for a longer stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My family vacation in the summer when I was a kid up to my late teenage years was a week in Hampton Beach, I haven't been back since the late 70's now that I moved from Quebec to Western Canada. I was back in late June, a lot of flashback memories. Beside newer amenity buildings and concert stage on the ocean side it is pretty much the same.

As far as the Ashworth goes, great friendly service, the room is clean, basic, everything you need is there, a mini fridge in every room would be nice, they charge $10.00 a day if you want one if it is available. The only negatve thing i have to mentioned is that it is overpriced, but I am afraid that is the going rate for ocean front in Hampton Beach. Don't expect the quality of a Westin or Radisson, you won't find that anywhere in Hampton Beach.

On a more positve note I was pleasently suprised with the restaurant, 2 full lobster with all the trimings for $21.95 or surf and turf tenderloin + a full lobster $19.95 now that's a deal

Room Tip: If you are going to be there get an ocean front room, you will be able to have the best seat for the...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scubamichman
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The Ashworth by the Sea is by far the BEST hotel in Hampton Beach... away from the commossion of the Board Walk, but close enough to walk to all the hsops/arcades/eateries.... The Ashworth has prime beach location, walk out the front door and you are walking on the beach, love it! Not to mention, Wednesday's Fireworks display which was directly in front of our hotel!

I have two small children, both enjoyed their stay as the hotel and all of its staff were very accommadating and kid friendly!

Will definitely be a vacation spot to return to!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RLG5771
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We went to the Ashworth for a six day end of summer break, we had fabulous weather. Colleen at the front desk was wonderful as always checking us in. The central location is great, friendly staff and clean rooms. They had a band Friday night in the bar that was okay, Saturday night the DJ had the place rocking.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KCVermont
Reviewed September 5, 2012

While I don't visit Hampton Beach often, the Ashworth is the only place that I stay when I do visit. It's conveniently located, the staff is generally very friendly, and it's very clean (especially compared to some of the other hotels in the area). The rooms are pretty nice, many with views of the ocean. While Hampton Beach does have a reputation for being somewhat seedy, the Ashworth is anything but.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Todd T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton
Atlantic Breeze Suites
Hampton Village Resort
#10 of 41 in Hampton
Holiday Inn Express Hampton South - Seabrook
Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton

Been to Ashworth by the Sea? Share your experiences!