“Very nice hotel”

Ashworth by the Sea
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stayed here the weekend before Memorial Day. We had never been to Hampton, NH before and thought we'd give it a try. We found a deal on Groupon for Ashworth, but that had sold out. But we found a similar deal on-line, and went ahead and booked it. Very reasonable rate, and it looked nice and had gotten decent reviews. We arrived and found a very cute place, run by very nice people. The room was clean and the bathroom had been updated and was very nice. Our room looked north, and had a good view. The rooms don't all have fridges, so we called the front desk and they promptly delivered one to us. We ate our meals offsite, except for breakfast, which we had in their cafe. It was good and very resonable. Not knowing anything about Hampton Beach, we discovered that it is a very noisy place in (or almost) in season. It reminded us a little of Virginia Beach or Wildwood, NJ. Lots of motorcycles and the noise that comes with it. We would come back here, but more off-season, as we like a more relaxed and quiet place. But the hotel was great and we enjoyed our stay there.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor, facing north. Glad we chose that direction as it had pretty, distant views...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SallyandJoe

Reviewed May 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Ashworth in May 2011. We were married on the beach in front of the hotel. The staff is amazing, there is free valet parking and the rooms are clean and confortable. We went back for our one year anniversary in May 2012 and it was just as wonderful as we remembered. I could not say enough about how great of a place this is. We will be back next year!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rachel5611
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stayed at this Hotel for a wedding in early May and had a wonderful experience. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. There was free valet and the door guys were great about getting vehicles. Our room was small but what we expected, small balcony that overlooked the beach and outside hotel venue.

The reception was held in the ballroom which was perfect for the size of the wedding. The hotel bar was great as well, had lunch in there with a limited menu but other than that it was very spacious and provided a nice source of entertainment for the 2 nights we stayed. The small coffee/breakfast cafe located on the opposite side of the hotel offered some good breakfast deals and was a nice way to end the weekend. I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody looking to stay in the Hampton Beach area, price was good but it was the off season, not sure what it is like during the summer.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rick S
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My wife and I needed a quick get-away and after a little research I found Ashworth by the Sea. I booked an ocean view king w/balcony and found it to be roomy and very clean. The hotel has plenty of charm and the staff was very helpful and polite. We happened to be there on a very sunny and warm Patriots Day so the beach was packed. It was great to be able to get away from the crowds at times and watch the excitement from the privacy of our own room. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed the terrific view.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Easter week-end(SAT-MON)we stayed at the Ashworth by the Sea and had an enjoyable time.Nice room(after a small problem which was taken care of right away),great food and wine and a very helpful staff.Would definitely stay again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: As close to the front as possible and the higher up the better
2  Thank koolgramp
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I booked this trip through Living Social and was so glad we did, even though it was during the off-season. Our room was GORGEOUS -- spacious, ocean front with a balcony, nice sitting area, great bathroom (my only complaint was I wish it had a tub because it was so beautiful and the shower was tub sized). From our check in to the time we left, we were pampered an spoiled rotten. I can't wait to go back. Even the food was delicious!

2  Thank terithecook
Reviewed April 22, 2012

So I bought the Living Social deal a few months ago and this past weekend (4/20-4/22/12), my boyfriend and I stayed at the Ashworth by the Sea. Getting there was easy. Check in was a breeze. I enjoyed Colleen and Colleen. :-)

The room... I could have sworn when I booked the room, I was told I'd have an ocean view. Well... I can't say they lied, I could see the ocean... just not in the way I had imagined. Some of the balconies had chairs on them, ours did not. The lock on the balcony door was broken but this didn't really bother me. The only person who could have broken in was Spiderman. The room was tiny, I mean New York City size. The bed took up the whole room, but it was clean and no funny smells. The bathroom was tiny as well. The toilet and shower didn't look so clean but I think the fixtures are just worn. The mattresses were very FIRM but overall, the bed was comfy. I slept fine. I didn't have to adjust the temperature in the room so I can't comment on that.

We had breakfast in the restaurant downstairs. Our waitress, I think her name was Val, was very knowledgeable about the area. The only problem is, she's so friendly and so talkative that she forgot to bring the condiments we asked for until we were halfway thru the meal. Then I asked for ice water which I never got because she was at another table talking. I didn't even bother to remind her. I think she meant well...

The valet service... These guys work hard. The satellite parking lot is like 3 blocks away! They can literally be seen running to the lot to retrieve your car. Please tip them!

The beach... Very beautiful! I'd love to come back here in the summer. I mean you have to drive almost an hour outside of Boston to go to a decent beach anyway, might as well come here.

Overall... The hotel has some minor cosmetic issues and the rooms are tiny but I think it's a pretty good deal to be right across the street from a beach. The other hotels and motels I saw in the area looked creepy compared to Ashworth. I'd probably return...

1  Thank Honey617