“Our first B&B stay, and we were HOOKED!!”
Review of The Victoria Inn

The Victoria Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Hampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

We met up in Boston to go "leaf peeping" up the New England coast, and this was our first stop. Boy, were we spoiled!!
The Victoria Inn was such an amazing experience for each of us, and our first time in a B&B. We found ourselves comparing every other place we stayed the rest of our trip to here, but nothing came close!
The room was HUGE, the beds were comfy, and I am still missing the soft and cozy warm fuzzy black velour/wool blanket!!! Everything was immaculately clean, and the bathroom, even though ours was a shared one, was spotless.
Breakfast was to die for. It was one of the best breakfasts we've eaten. The cinnamon crumb cake was the best EVER!!!
The owner and redhead (Ace?) that worked there were just as sweet as they could be. We hated to leave, but had lots of other places to visit. We'd definitely go back and would highly recommend this place to ANYone!!! Can't forget Lincoln the dog- what a cutie!! ;)
Wish we could just move in!! Haha

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We just returned from a 2 night stay at the Victoria Inn. The Inn is beautiful, Pamela is a wonderful hostess and her little Westie Lincoln is the sweetest dog. We stayed in the Iris Room, which was very cozy. We had a private bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. The room was very nice and very clean. The entire Inn was clean. We were served breakfast promptly at 9am. We were a little late the first morning, I am not an early riser and I felt like we had upset Pamela a little. We are not generally B & B or Inn people, we tend to stay at larger hotels because we do stay out late and sleep in. But The Victoria Inn had partnered with Granite State Growler Bus Tours (check them out) for a Beer Lovers Weekend and accommodations at the Inn were part of the package. I really did enjoy my visit to the Inn. It is beautiful, the grounds are breathtaking. I would like to visit again, as long as I can get up early enough.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This place is excellent for couples. Everything is so quiet and so beautiful. Near the sea (a 15-minute walk), in a quiet neighborhood. Breakfast is absolutely excellent, and everyday is different. All the details are perfect: complimentary hot apple cider during the day, cookies and candies, real flowers decorating the place.

Room Tip: Upstairs room are very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed one night as a midpoint stop on our way to Bar Harbor. The Inn Keeper was away and we dealt with the new owner who was nice. We stayed in the suite on second floor. Great house. Great Breakfast. Nice touches. Owner recommended 401 tavern as a good local place for food and drinks and she was spot on. All locals in a rustic pub with good food. Have Fun! I will mention one thing.... mattress was FIRM (no exaggeration here), no biggie for me but my wife mentioned it may be tough to deal with for multiple nights. Not sure if all rooms are similar etc.

1  Thank TheGsNJ
Reviewed October 25, 2013

You know, I read the lower rated reviews and I don't get them. We stayed a night on our way north. Our room was so homely and cosy, with a huge bathroom. Breakfast was fresh and just as ordered the night before. The lounge area is so beautifully presented, and with cookies and cider available on arrival I don't know what else one could need. We were recommended a good restaurant along the coast for our evening meal, and that was to die for. Those visiting in the summer are within walking distance of the beach. And having now come some way north we can say the hampton and rye beach areas are just beautiful.

Pamela and Lincoln the westie, and your helpful staff, thank you for our brief but very comfortable stay. We salute you all.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This place is great for couples, the house and the garden are really
beautiful, breakfast was very good too, Pamela and Tracey were very kind
and helpfull and Lincoln is the most lovely terrier in the world. The place is clean and quiet, you have everything you need and our suite was HUGE! very confortable king sife bed!the place is perfect for visiting hampton andportsmouth. we enjoyed our stay a lot and I definetly recommend this place if you want to experience the New England Charm.

BTW if you are in hampton and want to go to a good family restaurant full of local people and great food go to Petey's.

Room Tip: The garden rose is huge! very beautiful and confortable room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Reunited with my best friend from High School for our own private 30 year HS reunion (our school didn't host one), having not seen each other in 10 years, our stay at the Victoria Inn was the perfect place for us to settle in for a few days and catch up on our lives happenings. Pamela, Lincoln and the staff were so welcoming and friendly. They had great suggestions for restaurants and places to go during the day. We stayed in the Garden Rose King Suite which was spacious, beautiful and very comfortable. In the mornings we sat in the private sun porch off of our room and enjoyed the fresh coffee brought up to us and in the evenings we sat in the sitting area of our room and enjoyed a bottle of wine, cheese and crackers. The home cooked breakfasts were delicious! My diet is gluten free and they accommodated me with the most delicious gluten free options of French toast and blueberry pancakes. The entire Inn and its grounds are stunningly beautiful and promote instant relaxation.I felt incredibly spoiled, pampered and cared for at the Victoria Inn. My stay was beyond my expectations and exactly what I needed. The close location to the beaches is ideal...I walked on 7 beaches in 3 days! I look forward to returning again. This is an excellent place for a girls weekend away, and I think it would be equally as charming for a romantic weekend with a partner. I also stayed on an extra day after my friend had to leave and think it's a great place for a person travelling alone to stay to rejuvenate or just relax. You deserve to stay in a place this special!

Room Tip: Garden Rose King Suite is very spacious and has a lovely sun porch as well as an in-room sitting are...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends