“great location”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hampton B&B and Inns
Stafford, CT
“great location”
Reviewed August 25, 2008

We just got back from Hampton Beach and stayed at the Beach View Inn. Though the Inn is older the place is very clean which is a plus. Jen & her crew are fabulous as far as taking care of your every need. What a great location! Right on the Boardwalk & the beach is right across the street. The wrap around porch is an awesome place just to sit and watch people. With the beach right across the street it was perfect for our two teenage boys. Everything is within walking distance.
We really enjoyed are stay & will definately be back to the Beach View.

• Liked — front porch
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Central Massachusetts
Reviewed August 14, 2008

The Beach View Inn has a great location-the beach is across the street and it's located in the middle of the Boardwalk. The hotel staff is awesome- friendly, willing to help and knowledgable. The sofa was comfortable, but the pullout bed part of it was very uncomfortable to sleep on. When we asked for a cot, it was delivered right away without question and with a smile. We didn't know about the Tuesday & Wednesday rates ($115 per night) until Jen at the front desk told us about it during booking. There's a big sitting room downstairs with a huge TV. There's a nice deck out front to view the water or people watch, although hotel guests that smoke do gather there. There is always free fresh fruit at the front desk. There's a nice little store with a friendly staff downstairs where you can purchase anything from a coffee to a boogey board for surfing. Everything is close by which is it's main appeal. Parking for your car is included in the room price & is just around the corner. This hotel is old & needs some updating but these new owners are trying to make this the best family place on the beach.

• Liked — it's location
  • Disliked — sofa bed, & the old looking bathroom
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
albany ny
Reviewed August 6, 2008

I would like to say that the staff was quite helpful, and nice. The hotel had little to be desired. I found it on the internet and the pictures looked great. When I arrived to the hotel, the room did not look like the pictures I saw on the internet...very dingy....and dark. I was on the 3rd floor and no elevators to be found. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone that is handicapped. I turned off the air conditioning in the room because I was cold. I decided to watch some tv. Within 10 to 15 minutes I started to feel congested...and developed a runny nose. I decided to turn on the air....and felt a little better. By the 3rd day...I had developed a cold and congestion. This is from a person who has no allegeries..and who never gets sick. I had to leave one day earlier because my condition was getting worse. I noticed that when I left the room...I felt better. Some stated that the room may have contained mold. I also noticed that the mattress underneath was falling apart. Carpet in the hallway...may have gotten wet.... For the price....I would suggest you go somewhere else.

• Liked — the folks at the front desk were great
  • Disliked — the room...and did not feel the place was clean..dingy...place can use some updating
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
luvtospa, General Manager at Beach View Inn, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
I apologize for not responding to your review sooner. It escaped our attention until just now and, needless to say, it was concerning to us. The Inn was purchased shortly after you stayed with us and we have undergone extensive renovations on the inside and out. However, as a historic building that was built in the early 1900's, it was too cost-prohibitive to add an elevator or handicap access. We do have plans to add this amenity at a later date. When you called to make your reservation the lack of handicap access should have been communicated to you and we do apologize for that.