“Just a poor experience from the get-go.”

Boardwalk Cafe & Pub
Ranked #7 of 117 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We looked at the menu here and saw some good options (esp for people who don't eat fish). When we got our drinks, there was a white substance on our cup. They gave us another one, but that was pretty disgusting.

The food was average at best. I've eaten chicken at many places, and it honestly wasn't great. My moms steak tips were smothered to death by sauce, and the carrots were poor. The only good food here is the fries!

The service is fair, but when you bring two orders of the same things to us, that's a sign of some concern. The view from our table was nice. Overall I wouldn't recommend it if you don't eat seafood.

2  Thank RyanTravels24

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Went in for lunch. Seated right away near window on deck over looking the ocean. Waiter was nice, just felt to rushed in and out, like a chain restaurant. Food was satisfying. Order was accurate and hot. Location is perfect food is average.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had a group of 7. Took a few minutes to get us seated, but not long. Seating is inside or out (under a roof with glass side panels to enjoy the view while keeping the wind down. I was looking for a variety and we got it here. We had swordfish tips, lobster mac & cheese, haddock sandwich, chicken Parmesan, and sirloin steak tips. The food was for the most part delicious ( the mac & cheese wasn't fantastic although the lobster in it was). The burgers looked good. We were amazed at the huge portions. Brownie desserts were big enough for 2. Service was outstanding. Will definitely go back there!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stopped in for apps and drinks,and we--my wife and I, enjoyed everything. in fact, we were seated, and less than 60 seconds later a waitress said, sorry I made you wait!
The hummus plate--plenty of veggies and warm pita chips for the hummus on a bed of lettuce, was as good as any at any Middle Eastern restaurant we've been to--and we've been to 4 or 5

Reviewed August 1, 2013

The staff here was rude, from the hostess to the manager. I will say the food was very good, though I will not return because of how we were treated.

3  Thank hondoo

Been to Boardwalk Cafe & Pub? Share your experiences!