“nice place”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2013

the people that work there are nice and the food is good and it is reasonable. will go back probably this weekend!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

pretty good food. great service. sat upstairs, nice view. it was raining out, hope next time it will be sunny so we can sit on the deck

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Every time I go to Hampton Beach (1-3 night stays), I look forward to eating at the Boardwalk Cafe. The food is always great and service is excellent. This weekend I had dinner there both nights. On Friday, tried the Fish & Chips for the 1st time there. The Fish were nuggets, but still delicious, and easier to eat.

On Saturday, I arrived at 6:30PM and had an 8:00PM concert to attend after dinner. The restaurant was packed, but I was able to be seated right away. This time I ordered my favorite dish there: Grilled Chicken (plain) with a baked potato and carrots. My meal arrived quicker than expected and was excellent. Service was great. I had plenty of time to relax after dinner and still get to the concert a few minutes early.

1  Thank TM38Rob
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Got there the first saturday of summer, during the sand scuplture contest; town was absolutely jammed with people. Every restaurant long lines. Went in and was put on a half-hour wait via callback; I was skeptical.

They did call back on my cell, big plus on that one. Got a party of five seated and fed in reasonable time although again, the place was jammed. Food quality was very good, prices medium, but this is one of the few real restaurants on the boardwalk that isn't just a food stand with tables.

Only reason not an 'excellent' was a mixup that left one meal running behind the others and a somewhat frazzled (if still competent) wait staff. So even when you can't hardly get to this place for the crowds I'd still give it a thumbs up.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I went here twice while in Hampton Beach. The first time I had just gotten into town and was looking for a drink and a place to watch the end of the ball game. I understand its the start of the summer season, but the staff was a little lack luster. I grabbed a seat at the bar and had to wait for the bartender to finish there dinner before I was served. Bartender was eating behind the bar in front of customers, not cool. Then the bartenders changed and I ordered another drink, the ball game ended and was ready to cash out. I looked at the bill and had only been charged for one drink and had to correct the bartender who seem annoyed when I pointed out the mistake.
I went back for dinner a couple of days later, food was good, but service was very slow.

Been to Boardwalk Cafe & Pub? Share your experiences!