“Walk to the beach”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
Royal Crest Motor Inn
Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed October 16, 2011

This is a nice place, close the boardwalk and the beach. Room was kinda dark, beds a little hard. Lots of space in the room with a full size refrigerator and microwave to use. The semi indoor pool was nice heated felt like swimming in bath water. Service was some what accomodating.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Royal Crest Motor Inn

Reviewed October 15, 2011

Not a resort by any means, but this is a nice hotel for a short vacation. Price was good considering it was only a 2 minute walk to the beach. Rooms were basic and kind of depressing. But when we stayed we only used the rooms to sleep, so no big deal. Pool was nice as it is semi-indoors. Staff was friendly as well. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Economical in the off season and good location for concerts at Hampton Casino, BUT . . . latch on door was broken, heated pool was not heated, AC was on full blast the whole day and did absolutely nothing. Room was dark and claustrophic with overwhelming air freshener scent. I do like that there are recycling buckets outside of rooms, however, they were overflowing and not emptied for days. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank TravelerLIsa
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Obviously when reservations were made we did not expect the "Ritz" facility, but the Royal Crest was horrendous---the locks on the door did not work, the heated pool left a lot of "heat" to be desired and pool towels----"oh you didn't bring your own"----not I didn't I'm staying at your motor inn, supply me with towels----the tub----didn't use as it was fithly---didn't dare put any of my bags on the floor, for fear of what might be crawling around and didn't want any visitors to return home----couldn't wait to get home to take a shower and get rid of "skeevy" feeling----and wash all my clothes (even the ones I did not wear)----would never return or ever recommend to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3  Thank Mary K
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Where should I start? First I will say that I honestly was not expecting a 5 star hotel on the backside of Hampton Beach but at least a 2 star. The rooms were not clean, meaning that there were beer bottle caps under the bed, more cigarettes outside on the walkway right outside the room than one can imagine. Oh and by the way if you want to use the "heated pool" be sure to bring your own towels, we traveled with 4 children and I asked for towels was given one and was also asked "didn't you bring your own"!!!!! There were holes in the ceiling tiles that were patched with pieces of toilet paper (room 39). The bathroom/tub I wouldn't let my dog use! So needless to say we all slept in our clothes.......Gross and disgusting.....I wish the reviews I had read before I booked actually spoke the truth, mine does.One more safety concern was that there were no additional locks on the room doors other than the doorknob lock, we had booked 3 rooms and one of them the smolke detector was missing. Hope this helps all who take a look at the misleading clean pictures!

5  Thank Jen K
Reviewed August 27, 2011

We had a choice between the standard & economy room...Both were much to be desired, but the kids wanted to be next to the pool so we picked the economy....it was DISGUSTING!! the fridge was leaking water all over the carpet, it had tons (I mean TONS) of sand fleas, the beds were low to the ground & as my daughter said, felt like sleeping on a cardboard box, there was sand in my bed, the blinds on the back window were taped up so you couldn't close them, it was just all around GROSS!!! For $118 a night, I'd rather sleep in my car!!! The pool was also a disgusting green & had an odor. Thank god it was only for 1 night. They did however, let us keep our car there for the night since it is not offerred to people who rent eceonomy rooms (economy rooms have offsite parking) and they let us keep it there the next day..

3  Thank JAB1089
Reviewed August 11, 2011

It's the second time my sister and I rent a room at this motel. The location is perfect, right next to the beach. All they had available for the two days we were staying was an economy room (note to self - never rent economy rooms again). A very small and smelly room I don't recommend. The bad part was the shower we couldn't get working properly, so we ended up taking low pressure cold showers. It also took a good 24 hours before they removed the trash left by the previous customers right next to our entrance door on the balcony. The staff was just ok, at least they didn't seem to care much when we asked about the shower or if they could remove the trash. All in all, not a disaster, but I'm pretty sure we can find much better for the same price or for less.

2  Thank Andreanne22