“Way too expensive”

Cuisines: American
Description: Seafood and bbq
Description: Seafood and bbq
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We wanted to stop for a quick lunch when we were given menus we dicovered the prices were way too high and for the first time in my life alked out of a restaurant

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stopped for lunch. We were seated quickly and our order was taken in a reasonable amout of time.
The owner stopped by our table to say hello and tell us a little about his restaurant and menu.
He even gave us a sample of his clam chowder which was very good. If we weren't traveleing I would of gotten some to go!!
We did not have seafood, I had chicken sandwich. The meat was moist and delicious, the bun soft and tasty. My husband had steak sandwich and said it was great. Even the cole slaw was delicious.
I look forward to going back for some BBQ.

2  Thank JeanCG22860
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Love to order the Ceasar Salad topped with Lobster Salad at the Q. Dressing on the side - just a hint of mayo in the Lobster Salad. Delicious and reasonably priced. My husband had the Lobster Salad Sandwich for $15.00 - fries, cole slaw - toasted bun - all lobster - no filler. Fabulous.
You'll go there for the food - not the atmosphere... There is none. Strip Mall interior - no windows. Big Screen TV on mute (smart), revolving artwork exhibits.. but it's boring. I always prefer to sit at the bar in the front - talk with owner, Shawn... but sometimes we need to "dine".

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have had many wonderful meals here, especially the trident, King's haddock, stuffed lobster tail. It is really good, fresh seafood. The only issues with seafood are that we haven't enjoyed the fried items as much. I like the non-seafood items (pulled pork, etc.) as well.

Other great thing is the friendly atmosphere, which is clearly set by the owner and staff. They know their menu items and pairing with wine or beer.

Unfortunately, they do not have many veggie items available as sides or a la carte. It's a little silly. Their onion rings do not constitute the kind of healthy side to a good meal, even if they are tasty.

The bathroom is always clean. It's private, big enough. The bar area (as well as dining are) has TVs showing either food or local sports, which is a plus. On-tap selections are great.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Went to Lobster Q this evening to celbrate my grandaughers birtday - was nothing to write home about. We started with the mussels which came out in a red sauce covered in paprika and were very sandy - I moved on to the King Haddock which was basically mush. Other reviews of that dish have rated it as very good however tonight for $22.00 it was something I could not even eat. The upside was the fries and coleslaw were good. My wife had the Shrimp Scampi a favoriate of her's which again came in a red sauce with 4 shrimp on top - not a normal scampi. The grandkids fared better with a lobster for my grandaughters birthday and fried shrimp for my grandson. They were quite pleased. Overall I have eaten there before and typically be pleased but tonight for over $125 with a glass of wine and two $5.00 beers I was not happy. The refillable sodas for the kids at $2.50 each would have been fine if the waitress offered refills. Probalby will not go back. Sorry since I have been pleased there before but definitly feel it's going downhill....

Been to Lobster Q? Share your experiences!