“yummy lunch, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lobster Q

Lobster Q
Ranked #6 of 17 Restaurants in Hampstead
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Description: Seafood and bbq
Millville, Massachusetts, United States
“yummy lunch, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stopped for lunch. We were seated quickly and our order was taken in a reasonable amout of time.
The owner stopped by our table to say hello and tell us a little about his restaurant and menu.
He even gave us a sample of his clam chowder which was very good. If we weren't traveleing I would of gotten some to go!!
We did not have seafood, I had chicken sandwich. The meat was moist and delicious, the bun soft and tasty. My husband had steak sandwich and said it was great. Even the cole slaw was delicious.
I look forward to going back for some BBQ.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank JeanCG22860

The Villages, Florida
“Delicious Lobster at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Love to order the Ceasar Salad topped with Lobster Salad at the Q. Dressing on the side - just a hint of mayo in the Lobster Salad. Delicious and reasonably priced. My husband had the Lobster Salad Sandwich for $15.00 - fries, cole slaw - toasted bun - all lobster - no filler. Fabulous.
You'll go there for the food - not the atmosphere... There is none. Strip Mall interior - no windows. Big Screen TV on mute (smart), revolving artwork exhibits.. but it's boring. I always prefer to sit at the bar in the front - talk with owner, Shawn... but sometimes we need to "dine".

• Visited July 2012
Forbidden
“Mostly great food items”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have had many wonderful meals here, especially the trident, King's haddock, stuffed lobster tail. It is really good, fresh seafood. The only issues with seafood are that we haven't enjoyed the fried items as much. I like the non-seafood items (pulled pork, etc.) as well.

Other great thing is the friendly atmosphere, which is clearly set by the owner and staff. They know their menu items and pairing with wine or beer.

Unfortunately, they do not have many veggie items available as sides or a la carte. It's a little silly. Their onion rings do not constitute the kind of healthy side to a good meal, even if they are tasty.

The bathroom is always clean. It's private, big enough. The bar area (as well as dining are) has TVs showing either food or local sports, which is a plus. On-tap selections are great.

Visited June 2012
Kingston, New Hampshire
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Went to Lobster Q this evening to celbrate my grandaughers birtday - was nothing to write home about. We started with the mussels which came out in a red sauce covered in paprika and were very sandy - I moved on to the King Haddock which was basically mush. Other reviews of that dish have rated it as very good however tonight for $22.00 it was something I could not even eat. The upside was the fries and coleslaw were good. My wife had the Shrimp Scampi a favoriate of her's which again came in a red sauce with 4 shrimp on top - not a normal scampi. The grandkids fared better with a lobster for my grandaughters birthday and fried shrimp for my grandson. They were quite pleased. Overall I have eaten there before and typically be pleased but tonight for over $125 with a glass of wine and two $5.00 beers I was not happy. The refillable sodas for the kids at $2.50 each would have been fine if the waitress offered refills. Probalby will not go back. Sorry since I have been pleased there before but definitly feel it's going downhill....

• Visited June 2012
Boston
“Great Food, Great Menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

The problem you will have when you go to the "Q" is what do you eat? With the menu containing both seafood and BBQ it makes it a difficult decision. We have been to the "Q" several times and have never left disappointed. The "Kings Haddock" when on the special menu is not to be bypassed (you will not be disappointed). The proprietor Sean is friendly man who spends the right amount of time ensuring his guests are well fed. The "Q" is not to be missed.

• Visited May 2012