“You will LOVE it!”

The Country View Restaurant
Order Online
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Greenland
Description: Located in the Seacoast NH region, The Country View Restaurant is the go-to breakfast, lunch and brunch. As a first place winners in Best of the Seacoast Awards year after year, we offer a fun, friendly vibe with great food, service, and prices to fit all budgets. We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed August 30, 2016

This is THE place for breakfast or lunch. Worth seeking out if you are staying on the NH seacoast as the food and service can't be beat. Warm, welcoming staff makes you feel right at home even if it is your first visit. The food is generous in quantity, nicely prepared and delicious! Some interesting items such as "The Old Salt" --Bloody Mary with a huge shrimp and crispy bacon slices on the side of the glass! Ham served with the eggs is smoky and lean. Very large, moist blueberry muffins. Good coffee and everything served with a smile. If you are a hot sauce fan, be sure to try the "Wicked" brand hot sauce--it is a hot sauce lovers dream. Super way to start your day!

Date of visit: August 2016
smakmann, Owner at The Country View Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2016

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We're so glad you enjoyed your visit with us, and that you tried out The Old Salt. We look forward to serving you again and again.

Write a reviewReviews (99)

Reviewed August 28, 2016

Over a weekend, I had lunch at The Country View. It was my visit.

It was very busy when I arrived about 1:20 PM just before closing, but the staff greeted me in a very welcoming way. I took a counter seat.

Donna took my beverage order quickly.

I ordered the Grilled Chicken Sandwich with bacon, lettuce, and tomato, plus choice of cheese. I took Swiss. It came with a side of French fries or potato chips. I took fries. The total was $7.69.

It was about a 15-minute wait for my food. It looked great. Every part of the sandwich was fresh and well prepared. The fries were the skin-on rustic fries - not my favorite, but okay. They weren't greasy. The portions were more than ample. I couldn’t finish the sandwich or even half the fries.

And, while waiting, I saw a lot of breakfast plates go by. Every one looked very good.

Service from Donna and Sandra was excellent.

The whole staff was very friendly at closing even after a very busy day.

I liked the location, too. It was on my way to the Great Bay Discovery Center and the Great Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve on the Greenland-Stratham line.

My rating is a 4.50.

I would eat here again so I can recommend The Country View to others.

If you found this review helpful, please click THANK below.

1  Thank Maurene_K
smakmann, Owner at The Country View Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2016

Hi Maurene!

Thank you so much for coming in to try us out and for taking the time to write this wonderful review! We're so glad you were happy with your food and service, and we looking forward to serving you again!

Sandra

Reviewed August 21, 2016

Delicious breakfast and lunch menus. Very friendly staff, many of whom have been there for a long time. Well priced, down-home cooking, and a wonderful atmosphere. Breakfast sandwiches are yummy, but so is everything else on the extensive and creative menu.

Date of visit: August 2016
smakmann, Owner at The Country View Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2016

Thank you so much your wonderful review! We're so glad you find value here and appreciate our extensive regular and specials menu. We look forward to serving you again and again!

Reviewed August 10, 2016

I live just down the road from the Country View, but love to go there once in a while for a great breakfast or a good old fashioned hamburger. You can also order the ground buffalo version or a healthy bowl of homemade soup. The staff are friendly, courteous and non-pretentious. Pure New Hampshire.

Date of visit: May 2016
smakmann, Owner at The Country View Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review! We're glad that you've become a regular customer and that you enjoy our food and find that our staff well-represents the great state of New Hampshire! We look forward to continuing to serve you!

Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

Being that I live in Greenland, I've had the opportunity to try nearly all the breakfast joints in the seacoast area. By far the country view delivers better than any of its competition in price, service, food, and friendliness. I usually visit two or more times a week and invariably leave with a smile on my face, money still in my wallet, and delicious food in my belly. I highly recommend this place to anyone in the area looking for a great breakfast/lunch

Date of visit: August 2016
smakmann, Owner at The Country View Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2016

Thank you for your 5 star review on TripAdvisor this week! We're happy that you've become a "regular" based on price, service, food, and friendliness and your feedback is so important to us! Looking forward to seeing you again soon. - Sandra