“Quintessential New England Inn”
Review of Greenfield Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenfield
Greenfield Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Greenfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Recently, I had the pleasure of being a guest at the Greenfield Inn. I had traveled to the area to visit a dear friend. Innkeepers, Barb and Vic, were very pleasant and offered all the amenities one would need. The bed was extremely comfy and provided me with a rejuvenating nights sleep. The breakfast was delicious, and featured a wonderful Italian egg casserole called 'strata'. It was such a visual pleasure to see the formal table set with linens and china! I will return again, as my schedule permits, the area is quaint, with great sightseeing and opportunities to dine out.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 11, 2010

Once again, we had a wonderful overnight at the Greenfield Inn. My friends and I had a large comfortable room that was decorated lovely. Beds were comfy and clean. The soft extra large towels in the bathroom were great. Sitting on the large wrap around porch in the evening on the white wicker rockers, listening to the church bell chime the hours away was a real relaxing treat.
Breakfast was a real treat and had a party atmosphere. The Inn was full so there were guests from all over the US chatting, exchanging ideas about the area, all while enjoying a delicious feast.
Love to visit in all four seasons, but the fall colors in the fields surrounding the Inn made it picture post card perfect!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2010

This was a great place to get away. My girlfriend and I, a younger couple, went for one night and it was a very warm and charming place. I loved the history of it all, the great antiques, and the wonderful/funny hosts. The hosts were very nice and quite funny. Being new to the B and B world, I liked how the host was pleasant, nice, served breakfast, and then let us be. If you have a good sense of humor the host have some good jokes and are characters.

The area is beautiful. The breakfast was tasty. The rooms were clean. It is also funny if you like some awkward breakfast with people you don't know, but I am sure this is the same no matter where you go.

This was a great place to stay, I 100% recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2010

My coworkers and I had to spend 2 nights in Greenfield, NH and decided a B&B would allow for some relaxation when not working. We enjoyed our accommodations, Barbara our Inn keeper was pleasant and entertained us over breakfast with fun conversation. The landscape and scenery were beautiful and offered us a great way to unwind at the end of the day.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Rooms were very nice. Full breakfast was appreciated by my hungry clan. Like the hiking nearby at Monadnock.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2010

My wife and I needed a break and heard about The Greenfiled Inn from some friends who go there frequently. We were not dissapointed! The Innkeeepers (Barb and Vic) were gracious and welcoming. We had our choice of rooms and chose Romeo and Juliet's. All the rooms had a victorian decor and were clean. We liked having a jacuzzi right in our room. Within a short drive we found several places to eat dinner. The breakfast the next morning was delicious. They offered an egg/sausage casserole and allowed refills from the buffet. Barbara's muffins are to die for.
If you need a break from your daily drudery I would definately recommend a trip to the Greenfield Inn B+B.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2009

The shower stall and curtain were dirty and the blanket on the bed had someone's long, dark hairs on it. Disgusting! I had informed the innkeeper via the phone and an e-mail that I had dietary restrictions; I asked if I could have a simple scrambled egg. When I went to breakfast, I told the lady I could not eat what was on the sideboard, especially since the egg mixture contained flour which I cannot eat. She told me to eat the granola and walked back into her kitchen. For the rest of my stay, I took coffee to my room. Some bed and breakfast experience!

• Stayed: October 2009
chipmangini, Manager at Greenfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2010

Beware of the "The Guest From Hell", as they will try to ruin your fine reputation with false and misleading accusations!

This guest called and made a two night reservation, mentioning that she had "special dietary needs".

The first morning we were serving our extensive breakfast buffet for a full house of 22 guests, she being one of them. Being a buffet, as a guest you are to serve yourself, and if guests have any requests, they usually come to the kitchen door to ask us about it. As we have for over 25 years, we will always do our best to provide it for you!

This guest sat down at the table and was drinking her coffee. She asked if she could have a scrambled egg, and I replied that I would be happy to make one for her, but at the moment I was quite busy with the needs of other guests, and it may take a little while. I suggested that maybe she would like some of our home made granola while she waited, as it has no flour in it.

When I returned with her scrambled egg, she was gone.

The next morning, she came down to the desk, and abruptly handed me a check. I kindly asked her if she was going to stay for breakfast, and she replied "I can't eat THAT!", pointing at our wonderful buffet. I asked if there was anything I could prepare for her, and she rudely replied that she had already eaten, and left.

As well, this guest accuses us of unclean baths, and rooms. This is simply untrue. All of our linens are changed daily, and our bath facilities are scrubbed clean by our housekeeper that has been with us for almost 10 years. She is takes pride in what she does, and is meticulous in her work! We even keep new shower curtains on hand, and replace them rather than clean them.

Admittedly, there is always the possibility that some sharp eyed person may be able to find a stray hair on pretty much anything if they look hard enough. I suggest that even if you stayed at the Ritz Carlton, you would probably be able to find one somewhere!

Perhaps this guest would be better off staying at the Ritz, but I don't think even that would make her happy.

I Thank You For Reading This!

Victor Mangini, Innkeeper

Been to Greenfield Inn? Share your experiences!