“Affordable,Relaxing & Charming”
Review of Greenfield Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenfield
Greenfield Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Greenfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Room was exactly as advertised,owners were friendly,made us feel welcome.Literally made us feel at home.
Good location near skiing,outlets,Massachusetts,Vermont,easy assess from major interstates.
Food was great ,could have serve used Stonybrook yogurt from nearby farm.
Great fireplace,decent view,could use TV upgrade.
All superior bang for buck-thank you Barbara!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank s m

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is the first time I had the pleasure if staying at a B&B - I am happy it was at the Greenfield Inn. I traveled alone for a special retreat weekend and I have many food restrictions. Barbara made sure I had access to equipment to prepare my food which was a big comfort... Chip's Lady Love holds a special spot, made sure I was comfortable and became a friend... Vic, I could listen to those stories forever!! I look forward to bringing my mom and daughter for a girls weekend and I will definitely be back to celebrate my 1st year anniversary as Reiki Master Teacher, you all hold a memorable place in my heart!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Our family of five, three boys 11, 8, 6, stayed one night at the Greenfield Inn. I was participating in a bike race that started in town so the location was very convenient. We had the Hayloft suite. The house was once very gracious but has clearly been declining for some time now as the owner's physical and financial ability to keep up with it has waned. There was lots of evidence of older people doing the work but no longer having the energy to re-store tools or move materials distances so there are lots of garbage cans around, brooms, wheelbarrows etc. The interior of the house is essentially as you would expect, pre-WWII victorian. The carpets are worn and the automatic on/off lights in the halls can be a bit annoying but it's fine for what it is in that respect.

The suite we had was a low point in a number of respects. On the plus side it was fairly large and quite inexpensive. The amount of DIY construction and repair, the entrance through a shared toilet in the hall and the sound of rats in the walls were all a big downside. We did find a private entrance from the side of the house later so I didn't have to sit in the hall waiting for someone to finish a long session on the toilet to get into the room but we did get to hear when the toilet was in use. The furnishing would best be described as "catch as catch can". Several unwanted peeks into the strained intra-family dynamic did nothing to add to the appeal to the place.

In short it is very like visiting your grandparents who should have moved out of the big, old house your parent grew up in a long time ago but haven't. If you have to be in Greenfield or or staying a single night it will serve. Beyond that it's worth it to keep looking.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nrock
chipmangini, Manager at Greenfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Congratulations on your participation in the road race. Annually we partner with the Greenfield Trail Association to provide accommodations for their events.

The Greenfield Inn has been owned and operated by the Mangini family for nearly three decades. Currently, it is in transition, as we reconfigure management of the business and build revenue back up after the recession. We can assure you that given time and the support of our valued guests, the Inn will thrive.

The weekend you attended the bicycle race the Inn was sold out. Every room. Every bed. Therefore the bathroom you had to wait for to get to your room was understandably busy. It’s a shame that you didn’t realize that one of the benefits to the suite you were in has its own entrance.

On behalf of our reputation, we do not have rats in our walls. Norway Rats are most common in an urban setting. We are surrounded by nature, which includes moose, deer, bear, wild turkey, chipmunk, all sorts of birds, and an occasional red or grey squirrel. This year our building was under assault from those pesky red squirrels. We've since evicted them back to the woods where they belong!

The upkeep of the Inn is always a work in progress, if not for any other reason, than it’s size, and having been built in the early 1850’s. This is a constant, and it is not just ‘older people’ who help maintain the property.

Some people value the warmth and comfort “visiting your grandparents” provides. There are reasons to celebrate our elders wisdom and confidence. Not all of us desire to or can afford to join a retirement community and live out our years in relative seclusion.

Fortunately I had the pleasure to meet your lovely and well mannered children and had a very pleasant conversation with your wife. We exchanged business cards for other reasons. I wish our paths had crossed so we could have avoided the use of a public forum for you to vent your concerns.

By the way, I think one of your boys left their red Nautica sweater in the room. Please email Barbara at innkeeper@greenfieldinn.com if you would like me package it up and send it to you!

Kind Regards,

The Greenfield Inn

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We recently stayed at the Greenfield Inn once again.It is so nice to return to this Victorian Inn. Our room was so pretty and clean. Loved the menus and things to do lists that were in each room. The towels in the bathroom were top notch. Breakfast was a party with all the guests eating Barbara's egg casserole, etc. and talking about the area! This is a great place to stay when you want to get away from it all. Once the weather warms we will be back again to sit on the porch in the white wicker rockers, sip our wine, and watch the sun disappear behing the mountains.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ShelSouthShore_MA
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Spiders, notes, water and coffee marks on the peeling paper, water won't drain in tub and on and on and on. VHS? 5 channels. Good things- nightly in room port and an OK breakfast egg casserole. They need to knock this house down and use the beautiful piece of property for something new.

Room Tip: Please don't choose a room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Peggy A
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Greenfield Bed and Breakfast because of a special offer of a free night for U. S. Veterans. Many B&B offered one or two rooms the night of November 11th, however our hosts at the Greenfield Inn offered 5 rooms to fellow active military and veterans. Though the accomadations were free, this did not at all diminish the service and attitude that we exeperienced. It was first rate. The Inn is what you would expect in a quaint New England country setting. Very historic, quaint and simple.

Breakfast was nice and had good variety. There was a egg baked dish of some sort, which I am sure my wife enjoyed, but I would have preferred just plain old scrambled egg and sausage. :-)

Room Tip: If you don't mind stairs, then ask for upstairs room, the first floor bedroom is right near fron...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I decided to have a last night out and found the Greenfield Inn B&B and I am so happy we did!!! It was not only very affordable, but our room, Merry Martha was charming! The house is beautiful, the area is very New England. The owners, Vic and Barbara were wonderful. We are looking forward to future visits!!

• Stayed: November 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
Bedford Village Inn
#1 of 1 in Temple
Benjamin Prescott Inn
Benjamin Prescott Inn
#1 of 4 in Jaffrey

Been to Greenfield Inn? Share your experiences!