“Ruggles Mine Worth the trip for Rockhounds”
Review of Ruggles Mine - CLOSED

Ruggles Mine
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This attraction is atop beautiful Isinglass Mountain. Its a fun place to go if you enjoy exploring caves and collecting rocks. It costs to enter the mine (Admission:
Adults $25
Children (4-11) $13
Children under 4 are Free with a paid adult.)

and costs extra if you want a bucket and a pick to excavate your own rocks. I suggest bringing your own large canvas bag to carry out (they let you take 2 loads all you can carry). A rented (20 cash deposit only no credit cards accepted for this-you get $10 back when you return it) pickaxe makes the experience hokey fun but is not necessary. They usually have a Ruggles Rockhound in the mine area to help you find and identify rocks and minerals. Personally, I think they sprinkle some good finds around for customers to find, I found amethyst, citrine, rose quartz and a quartz crystal within 1 foot of each other. There are some caves to explore but not as many as the Polar Caves, Lost River, or Loon Mountain. There is food available but I would say to bring your own picnic lunch. The entrance to the mine does have somewhat of a grade. Not a place for strollers. Its worth the trip if you are interested in rocks and minerals.

4  Thank MosesG956

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

A little pricey to get in, but loaded with interesting rocks. Bring a bag and a pick hammer- you take home what you find. If you plane to mine the mines bring a flashlight too. It is a ton of fun for kids and adults.

6  Thank CMBHAS
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I went here as a kid and still remember it today. I'm sure that for an adult it's not as entertaining, but I had so much fun finding mica and other sparkly things.

1  Thank Dorothy P
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had a great visit to NH for a wedding and had a few hours to spend. We had 5 children ages 3 to 17 to entertain, so off we went to Ruggles Mine. It's not inexpensive (for 4 adults and the kids, admission was $176), but we all had fun. Bring your own flashlight, buckets (or sturdy bags) and hammers if you can. You can collect as many minerals and rocks and you can carry! There are caves to explore, dirt to play in and, of course, rocks to be mined. The boys (even the grown-up ones) all loved using the hammer to collect their treasures.

6  Thank EllenK1
Reviewed September 15, 2012

If you like rocks this is the right place to go. I loved this place, is like being transported back in time at the beginning of the life on Earth. I almoust expected to see dinosaurs that how it was sureal...
I recommend visit this place !

4  Thank vulpy