“Back to the Backside Inn after 2 years”
Review of Back Side Inn

Back Side Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Goshen
Back Side Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Goshen B&B and Inns
Scotch Plains, NJ
“Back to the Backside Inn after 2 years”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Its been a while since I've been up to NH, but had to go up for a wedding this past weekend... And of course I stayed at the Backside Inn... Its convenient to all family and tourist-related things, and I'm now loyal to them based on previous stays... After two years, I'm glad to say that things are still great there... The owner Anne is tremendously helpful, and very friendly... The room was clean, pretty, comfortable and quiet - what more do you need? I'm not really a breakfast eater, but the great morning smells from the kitchen were very tempting...

Only negative is that the Backside Inn website seems to be down so I got worried they werent in business anymore... After some frantic phonecalls during an off-season closed week, I found that everything was ok, and happy to report as of May 2012, the Backside Inn is still up and seems to be thriving...

Room Tip: Not every room has a TV, so if thats important to you (one way or another), make sure you ask if the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Old Lyme
Reviewed January 22, 2012

My family met at the inn for my birthday. The hospitality was exceptional. The owner is very accomadating and a fantastic cook. We took our dinners here and were pleasantly surprised at the quality of our meals.
Thanks Anne for a great weekend.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Donna H
Brunswick, Maine, United States
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We spent two nights here for a family birthday party. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. Anne, the innkeeper is incredibly down to earth and nice and makes everyone feel right at home. The Inn is super cozy and warm with great wood stoves and fire places and has a very nice historic feel to it.

The food here is incredible!! Anne, the innkeeper does all the cooking and it really is amazing. Made to oder breakfast is included and dinners are very affordable but really super.

Our family plans on coming back to this Inn. Overall, wonderful place!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Del Mar
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We spent 2 nights here the beginning of the month. The Inn is old, fairly simple, clean, and the owner is very friendly. The breakfasts were fresh and we had many choices. We were the only people there that Sunday and Monday so it was very quiet. We were surprised that there was no room service but she said it was because our room was locked. I guess we were supposed to ask for service. We chose this Inn because it is close to Rand Pond where our family was staying for the week. We were able to walk to their location. The scenery in that area is beautiful. We went to Anchorage Restaurant down by the lake for dinner and it was very good.........we had scallop salad and sat on the deck overlooking the boats.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Newbury, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 29, 2011

This is one of those places you either love or hate...we love it. It is old, so if you want a newer "cookie cutter" roadside hotel, stay at the Best Western at the traffic circle.

We've been here many times and enjoy it's quiet, beautiful location, as well as it's hominess.

The food is the best in the area, good variety, lovingly prepared. BYOB if you drink, with set-ups, glassware, chilling, and ice available.

This is an Old Fashioned Inn, so no room service, pool, spa, or gym.

The rooms are comfortable and roomy.

The porch is incredible in the summer, shady, with nice views of rural New Hampshire. Winter time views of Mt Sunapee.

The folks that run the Inn are freindly, helpful, and eager to please

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Saint Albans, Vermont
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Where do I start? The Inn is dirty, gross, and in total disrepair. I felt like I was going to get bed bugs! The kitchen is filthy and they should be shut down by the state for the way they maintain it. I wouldn't eat anything that came from that kitchen if my life depended on it. The rooms are way overpriced for the establishment. The beds are 100 years old and very uncomfortable. They would have to pay me for me to go back! Save your money! Go to a real hotel, this isn't worth the money, possible stomach virus, or bed bugs.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Maryanne026
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed March 9, 2011

My husband and I spent 4 days during March at The Back Side Inn. We booked this hotel, as we were going snowboarding to Mount Sunapee.
The inn is beautiful, the rooms are very comfortable, all of them have a private bath and they are very nicely decorated. Our room also had TV and DirectTv service, so it was great to go back and be able to see movies in order to relax. There is also free wi-fi available.
If you are going to Mount Sunapee the location is perfect, it is only 2miles from the ski center and the price is excellent if you take the mid-week ski and stay offers.
A special note about Ann the innkeeper, I think she is one of the niciest persons ever! She cooked fresh breakfast every morning (the food is great!!) and was so willing to provide recommendations and help.
If you are travelling in NH this is a great place to stay! :)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goshen
Sunapee Lake Lodge
Sunapee Lake Lodge
#1 of 1 in Mount Sunapee
The Lake Inn at Mt. Sunapee
Mountain Edge Resort & Spa at Sunapee

Been to Back Side Inn? Share your experiences!