“Fun times”

Town & Country Inn and Resort
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Gorham
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Perfect for that place to sleep and hang in between our daily trips. Rooms are larger than most hotels...big plus! Comfy and clean...including the corners (yup I check corners). Nice pool area, health club if you're into that while on vacation. Restaurant on location and best of all we could ride our four wheelers right from the lot! We will be returning. Thank you T&C!

Room Tip: We had 1 king size room, 2 double rooms. (6 people) All three rooms were larger than normal. We also...
There are newer reviews for Town & Country Inn and Resort

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We chose Town and Country because of its relative proximity to Storyland and Santa's Village. We were there for three nights. The 2 queen bed room was relatively clean but the creaky mattresses made it difficult to get a good night's sleep. The bathroom was tiny and the towels threadbare. The breakfasts we purchased as part of our package were excellent. The front desk staff were pleasant and helpful. Not so the housekeeping staff. Being on vacation, we were disinclined to be up and out by 8 am when they knocked on the door to clean our room, and asked them to come back. Not a problem on day one since at the end of the day we came back to a clean room. On day two, however, we made the same request of a different staff member, and our room never got cleaned. That meant having to ask the front desk for clean towels which took over an hour to be delivered. The indoor pool was a plus, but the poor and sometimes dangerous behavior by some of the guests was very off-putting.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is my third visit to Town and County this time I was very disappointed in the accomodations. There were 4 people in the room and we had 3 thread bare towels left for us in the room. When I asked for more the desk clerk told me I had to wait until someone from housekeeping came in - maybe in 1/2 hour or so. No one ever came with another towel nor did they bother to leave any more towels for the next day. The room was not vaccumed and there were spiders in the room. The water in the pool was green and it smelled terrrible. It was extrememly loud in the room-between the guests above us and the out of date air-conditioning system it was impossible to sleep.
There are other hotels in Gorham with equally good rates- I'll be staying at one of them next year!

1  Thank Mickey682013
Scott L, Owner at Town & Country Inn and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for writing these comments and am truly sorry your experience here was not positive.
Our housekeeping staff is generally very good. Our pool is busy, serviced and cleaned daily, so I'm not sure what the smell was, other than chlorine.
Seeing how you've stayed with us in the past, I'd hope you would consider staying with us again.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

clean and refreshing....with a great restaurant to boot.....they anticipate your needs ...from free wifi, refirgerator in room, lighted magnifying mirror in the bathroom. Great price with great staff and beautiful flowers everywhere.....a real Gem!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Just by chance my wife and I found this lovely 'secret jewel'. We were looking for a place to spend a quite/relaxing night, that was clean, and had a secure location. This was the place, the front desk staff was fabuious, friendly, and offered assistance in all areas. We selected the "meal plan" which I thought was a great value. We had,what I felt was a premium package, and we did . The food and service was "Excellent".
Now the best part of this stay: when my wife and I returned to our room, I felt sick. Before I knew it I was. Lucky for me the Office Manager: Catherine King was on duty. She stayed with my wife and I until the papa-medics arrived. Durning this time I felt better and was able to relaxe. We had a good nights sleep in a clean,neat room, that was well maintained. The next morning we departed for home.
Upon arrival home(Fla) I had to have surgery, all is well now. I wish to say "Thank You" to the staff/front desk persons: Jackie, Jaylan, Krystal, and Catherine King. You Ladies were "Great" in all aspects of interactions and my wife and I truly were blessed to have you on duty the night of June 5th. If and when we get back to Gorham, N.H., we will be at The Town&Country Inn and Resort. Thank you, Take care.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oda5432000
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The Town & Country Inn in Gorham, NH is a first-rate hotel. My husband and I enjoyed our stay. The staff were courteous and helpful. The restaurant was wonderful. This motel is within driving distance of many attractions in the White Mountains.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here on family vacations for many years. This place has so much charm. Not fancy and it is older but a very pleasant place to stay. Dinning room is great. Food is wonderful for price. Great overall value. The only complaint is the bathroom could have been cleaner and they offer wi-fi but it does not work. They need a strong signal. Only works if you are near the office

• Stayed: July 2013
Scott L, Owner at Town & Country Inn and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for being a loyal guest and taking the time to write a review. Appreciating the value we offer is what brings people back year after year. We are glad we you enjoyed our dining room and the food that is offered. I am sorry the internet wasn't working well for you, as a power surge rendered a few routers useless and since then have been replaced. We look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gorham
Royalty Inn
#4 of 12 in Bartlett
Moose Brook Motel
Moose Brook Motel
#6 of 7 in Gorham

Been to Town & Country Inn and Resort? Share your experiences!