“Comfortable, clean and a good value” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Royalty Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Gorham
Boston, Massachusetts
“Comfortable, clean and a good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

Our stay at Royalty Inn was very pleasant. Its a great setup for families and a good value. Very clean, excellent-firm mattresses and well maintained rooms. Nice size rooms ours had two queen beds. Nothing fancy, pretty basic but has everything you need. We stayed in the section over the health club. It was very quiet (only 8 rooms in that part). The only thing I didn't like about our room was that it overlooked a blower or large AC unit, so when the windows were open it was rather noisy (the room was stuffy so it was nice to open the window instead of using the AC). But it was OK. At night we slept with the AC on, so that was fine. The rooms have a fridge and microwave too.
There is an on-site restaurant, but we didn't t try it.
The indoor pool and hot tub were fantastic. Nice size pool. You could also use the health club facilities which were pretty extensive. There is a nice outdoor pool but we didn't use it. The staff that we met was very nice and helpful. The location is very convenient to everything in down-town Gorham. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again if I come back to Gorham.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the health club section. Or request upper rooms with balconies.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank gwardbeeler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Lancaster County, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

My wife & I made this our base camp for scouting the general area for a possible relocation to the area (Gorham/Berlin). All ya need to know is that it's the busiest motel in the town of Gorham for a reason - they really do rock. VERY nice EVERYONE - from the front desk to the maids. All SO nice & the location is PERFECT! We reserved a single queen (smoking) & upon checking out the room (@10 at night for our arrival), we noticed a door that was closed by adjoined the room next to it. I wasn't so comfortable with that (due to my wife with me), so I went to the front desk and they changed my room - WITH A SMILE! They gave us a smoking room - 111 which is a double queen room (which is normally $10 more/night) - NO EXTRA CHARGE!! We stayed in the same room - 3 nights, and this place rocked. They have an $8 coupon off for the Mt. Washington Road - just ask! Wonderful, clean and I never see a reason for staying anywhere else up in the area! Wi-fi is free and works best with a cat 5 cable they provide for the asking - also for FREE! The room was clean, comfortable and there isn't any downside. You can very easily walk to fantastic places to eat for breakfast, lunch & dinner. 6 star happiness! Thanks to everyone at Royalty Inn!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MyCatFooed
Ansonia, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2011

This was our second trip to New Hampshire from Connecticut and we were pleasantly surprised this time. We previously stayed at a motel down the street. (not so nice) Our room was clean and comfortable and nicely appointed with a microwave, refrigerator, flat screen TV and two double beds. Although we did not use the pool/ fitness area we found it to be small, clean and acceptable for our needs had we wanted to avail ourselves of the facilities.
The one minor drawback was that the complimentary coffee was good but , there was no hot water or teabags provided for those of us who don't like coffee. The restaurant next door was convenient and affordable. We would stay here again. This would be a good. affordable choice for those who enjoy outdoor activities.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GaryB_11
Waltham, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2011

Everything was clean, modern, and well-equipped.
Microwave, refrigerator, internet, and a decent selection of Cable TV.
They do seem to have a slight disconnect between the desk and internet reservations.
I arrived with my dog, as I mentioned when reserving, but they seemed not to have read the part about the dog, and were surprised. They then gave us a very nice room, convenient for the dog.

• Stayed May 2011
Garfield, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2011

Stayed here twice previously and enjoyed both stays. Especially liked the health club privileges and the large pool and hot tub. Based on those stays I booked a reservation in August 2010 for an October 2010 stay. Inquired about the cancellation policy and was told 24 hour notice must be given.

My plans changed so two weeks later, still in AUGUST of 2010, I called and cancelled my October reservation. I spoke to the same person who booked me and I kept the cancellation number she provided.

To my surprise, despite cancelling more than SIX WEEKS prior to my stay, this hotel charged my credit card! I called the hotel dire ctly and the same rep who booked and cancelled my reservation told me that she had absolutelty no information on me. There was no record of my reservation, no record of my cancellation. They did not know my address, they did not know my phone number but they still (somehow) charged my credit card.

The owner finally called me ( I gave my phone number...again) three days later and he did not even know my name. He was a complete incompetent individual.

I contested the charge with my credit card company. To further proove the owners incompetence and total disregard for his patrons, he sent to my credit card company as
proof of MY STAY....

a charge for a different amount than what I was being charged
a charge for a different person than myself
a charge for a different date of stay than mine
a charge for a different length of stay than mine
a charge for a DIFFERENT CREDIT CARD than mine

The owner sent to my charge company this other persons...
name
address
email address
phone number
and CREDIT CARD NUMBER

When informed by my credit card company that the Royalty Inn had sent "proof" of my stay in October of 2010, I requested the information. It wasn't until I received the document in the mail that I realized what the Royalty Inn owner had submitted.

I was angry at my credit card company that they would accept aas proof of my stay a charge from a different credit card company. Obviously there is a problem in their service department too!

I emailed the individual whose personal information I now had and I called him too but he did not respond to either contact. I wanted him to know that the Royalty Inn owner had no issue with disclosing this persons personal data in an attempt to falsely charge me for a stay that I cancelled six weeks prior to my scheduled stay.

If Royalty Inn is willing to disclose their guests private information solely to cover their own incompetence, is this a place one realy wants to sttay at?

As aggreious and incompetent as their actions were I let the issue pass as my credit card company denied the Royalty Inn's charge. I provide my cc company with the cancellation number I was given, the name of the person I spoke to as welll as the date and time I spoke to her. This all occurred in October/November of 2010.

Much to my surprise on my January 2011 cc statement, I was charged for a stay at another motel in Gorham. A motel I had never heard of or had any contact with. I can only assume that this motel has some tie in with the Royalty Inn.

I called my cc company. I had to close my account and open a new one as this charge for this other motel in Gorham was listed as a FRAUDULENT CHARGE.

Needless to say I will never patronize the Royalty Inn ever again despite how much I had enjoyed my previous stays there. An owner that would sacrifice his patrons personal data (including the credit card number) and refuse to admit to his own error and just be solely driven by financial motives all in an attempt to rectify HIS OWN MISTAKE is a perfson that I would beware of and not support financially or otherwise.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
22 Thank travelerfiveseven
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2010

I have stayed at the Royalty Inn as a solo traveler before when I have been hiking in the area. I always felt safe and had no issues. Recently my husband & I were in the area & at the last minute stayed here for an overnight. We had a clean, comfortable room - no frills & the price was right. Restaurant was closed but there are some good choices close by. Try Welsh's for Breakfast - super. Definitely would stay here again. Good find!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Concord, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2010

Great place to stay! Clean, roomy, great amenities, like WiFi AND hardwired high speed internet for those that have the NEED for SPEED and bandwidth, great health club,TWO pools, and a lot more! The management and staff are really good people and all are very hospitable. Check it out. You’ll be glad you did.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gorham
Town & Country Inn and Resort
#6 of 12 in Bartlett
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
#2 of 3 in Intervale

Been to Royalty Inn? Share your experiences!