“so good”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Wonderful fresh ingredients - server was a bit scattered - but the food was incredible - very good cocktails also!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Menu was fresh and varied. Seafood chowder was very good. Mac & cheese had local bacon, ramps, and cheese. It was a strong, but interesting flavor.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We had dinner twice in this restaurant/bistro, at Libby's and at Saalt Pub owned by the same couple. The food was excellent in both places, plentiful and not very expensive. The owners stopped to talk to us, and very very friendly. Desserts were particularly yummy.
We will definitely stop there next time we visit the White Mountains.

1  Thank Martine A
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Driving over from Acadia on my honeymoon. Checked into hotel, little late heading out and most of town was quiet. The Saalt was open, packed and we had to wait for a table. No complaints as I had the New England Stormy and my wife had the Apple Cider Martini. Home run. So things are going great so far. We are seated, and start with a few apps. Finally we get our meal. I had a Vietnamese bowl with local beef and my wife had a Indian curry I believe. Without hesitation, one of my top 5 dining experiences of all time. We live in Asheville NC where local "farm to table" restaurants are a dime a dozen. This little gem in upstate New Hampshire blew the roof off of our dining expectations. Support local. Support restaurants that serve what they would be proud to serve their mom. This little pub in a restored banking building embodies everything right in the support local movement. Bon appetit!

2  Thank mst934
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was surprised and pleased that everything I tried had distinctive flavors. I had the sausage/goat cheese appetizer and salmon entree. Both were very tasty and excellent. I've been hearing good things about Libby's Bistro for some time, and I would definitely recommend the restaurant. I'll be going back soon.