“Awesome”

Mt Madison Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Gorham
Reviewed January 8, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Mt. Madison for a weekend in November. The room was cozy, with a king size bed, a dresser, and a small table and chairs. We found everything to be perfect for our short stay. The employees were polite and accomodating and the facility was neat and organized. We will use the Mt Madison for all our future visits to the Gorham & Berlin, NH area.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 6, 2009

A group of friends from California, we came into the Mt. Madison Inn on the last night of a two-week driving trip. Ready to be home, we could easily have found fault wherever we stayed. Instead, we found immaculately clean rooms, very comfortable beds, and a perfect heating system-- warm, but never overly warm. Since it got into the low 20's, we had opportunity to really test the heater!
Ron, the owner, went out of his way to accommodate our needs, even offering us his computer and printer to get our boarding passes back home. An entertaining sidelight: he has a pair of yellow Labs that "sing" on his command. And if you need a photo opportunity, don't miss the great moose head in the office!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2009

I spent a week here while my home was having some renovations.
The staff was friendly, the room was comfortable and clean, and they let me keep my dog here for the week. I also liked having the pool right across from my room. It was great for morning swims.
I don't understand the bad reviews, I found the place to be just right. It was easy for me to walk to several small restaurants, a convienience store, and a couple of pubs.
I live about 20 miles away and will probably never have a need to stay here again. But, when I travel, I hope to find another place like the Mt Madison.
I would recommend this place to anyone, family, business, or otherwise!

Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2009

We reserved a room, and when we got there we asked to see the room before we checked in. A God-awful musty and moldy odor permeated. Cheap was all around. A short walk to quaint restaurants? #1, the place is on the edge of town, and #2, there are no quaint restaurants, unless you like Pizza World (or whatever the name was). We left, found a nice place in town (for less money), and paid for it PLUS the room at Mt. Madison. If you book, be sure to get the 72 hour cancellation policy waived until you see the room. Go to North Conway to stay instead. Lots of nice hotels and only a half-hour away.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paulpof
Reviewed October 10, 2009

We were a family of 4. Booked a room with 2 queen size beds. $130 for a night stay which I think is costly for this motel. We checked in at night around 9.00 pm... Bathroom door didnt close at all..I am not talking about the lock..The door actually didnt close because it wasn't properly hinged to the wall..How can some motel do business like this...heater didn't work...when called, I was asked to adjust the thermostat and wait for some time, which I already did... We didnt call again since it wasn't that freezing cold.....Next day morning no breakfast...when I checked in the last night I was handed a brown bag with muffins in it...Thats it with the coffee powder....for 4 people we just got 2 creamers...called in the morning to get some extra creamers and the answer from the front desk was "We open after 8.00 am".... We had to leave at 7.00 am so we went without coffee..even the muffins were smelling bad so we threw that too....Basically that room was not even worth half waht they charged....

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2009

I booked this place for 3 nights before I found some awful reviews the night before going there. I was very nervous, but everthing was great. You can't complain about a clean room, with a king size bed, wi-fi, tv, and bathroom for $59night! We were there 9/8, 9/9, 9/10 and do not have a single complaint. The owner was a cool guy, gave some suggestions on places to eat. Take the few negative comments with a grain of salt. Imagine all the people who had a good visit there and did not come back to leave a comment.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I recently stayed two nights at this property after reading the reviews and balancing the price against the amenities. The staff were very helpful and welcoming and the location is super convenient, right on the main street in Gorham just north of the center of town and close to Moose Brook State Park. The beds are excellent and the main reason I booked here is they claimed to have new Serta Perfect Sleeper mattresses and the last several motels we've stayed at had terrible beds. The decor is average for this class of motel, but clean and in good repair. I had a room with two queens, large TV and a combo-bath/shower. They have a very nice (heated) pool and hot tub within view of all the rooms. There are also some gas grills you may use. If you're looking for a clean, comfortable room this is a great choice.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gorham
Royalty Inn
Nordic Village Resort
Nordic Village Resort
#4 of 12 in Bartlett
Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa

Been to Mt Madison Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!