“Very nice place to stay, just like home”

Mt Madison Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Gorham
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Very nice hotel, comfortable and well appointed rooms. Very clean!!!! Seemed to be newly remodeled, the pool and hot tub were immaculate, big comfy pool towels were available at the front desk. I stayed with my wife Julie and we both commented how we never felt more at home at a hotel. The owner Ron went out of his way to be sure our stay was enjoyable, he made sure when we asked where to go for dinner he recommended the perfect place for us, the food and service was spectacular. The same with things to do, if you need to know where to go for activities he will send you in the right direction. Be sure to ask for one of his secret moose location maps!!!!!! The Moose will be there, amazing!!!! Ashley at the front desk was so helpful with all of our needs, towels, pillows, even coffee to brew in our room.
This hotel is a little gem hidden away in Gorham NH, my wife and I already have plans to go back....... Don't forget Ron's amazing moose map!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Very clean, newly appointed
There are newer reviews for Mt Madison Inn & Suites

Reviewed July 31, 2011

We stayed at Mt Madison for only one night, 7/25/11, two adults and two girls, 3 and 5 in a Family 2 room suite.
Let me first say that all the reviews about the staff are true, I did not speak much with Ron, but was helped very much by Ashley at the front desk and for our needs. The Inn was at capacity, so of course the staff is extremely busy, I felt like I was bothering Ashley for where do I get Pool towels, open up the Hot Tub and such, but she quickly let me know she was going to help once she was through helping someone else, and she did just that in a very timely manner all with a SMILE. I understand they are in the business to help, but to deliver help with a smile while I know they were busy as heck is still impressive and good to see customer service is still a premium, kudos to all staff.
The Inn is right at the intersection of Rt2 and Rt16, with a convenience store across the street and pretty much everything you need along the Main St strip. The jumpy house was a big hit with the girls, many kids were enjoying. Pool was smallish but typical for a small motel, only 3 ft to 5ft deep which was nice for those traveling with little ones. Hot tub was great after a day at Santas Villiage (about 15- 20 mins away)
Parking can be a little tight with a circular parking lot. As for the room, we paid $143 taxes included for a 2 rm family suite. To be honest, for the price it does not feel worth it for the ROOM (amenities help with the price), the living area was a long narrow room, with sleeper sofa (uncomfortable, I slept on it) at one end and TV at the other end with small table and two chairs, so if anyone was sitting at the table nobody could see the TV,
Bedrooms were separated by the bathroom, very cramped to get from living area to bathroom, almost had to step over corner of bed to access bathroom door, not ideal if someone is sleeping in the living area and needs to use the bathroom at night, doors creak too so may wake little ones up. The room also had a small fridge and microwave.
The price seems high for what you get, but it is summer in the White Mts and many places may be a "little cheaper", but I opted for the reviews and the amenities. For a couple of nights this is good, but if you were planning an extended stay in White Mts I would look around at getting something bigger, you may not have much luck however in the Gorham area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2011

On a family road trip we found Mt. Madison as we were driving through New Hampshire. As soon as we walked in, the 2 women behind the counter were so warm and friendly. They made it feel like home. The price for the room and amentities was very reasonable compared to most of the other places we had stayed at throughout our trip. The room was very roomy and had a cozy country feeling to it. The kids loved the pool and hot tub. The view of the mountains was breathtaking. I wish we would have been able to stay there longer because it was the most relaxed I had felt through our long road trip. I just want to thank the crew at Mt. Madison. I am so glad we found you. See you all again. (soon I hope)

Room Tip: from what i saw, all the rooms were very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2011

second time here. first time in summer time. sitting pool side on a relaxing hot summer day could not have been better. great music playing pool side and staff was super again. bouncy house too, couldn't resist,

Reviewed July 30, 2011

Mt. Madison had it all, clean and comfortable rooms, outstanding hospitality. We are a local couple that wanted a weekend off from the kids. We felt like we were miles away from home. From the great personality of the motel itself, the heated pool, hot tub, great eats and other great guests we had a better time than if we spents hundreds on a costly long distance trip. We feel guilty, the kids would have loved it with the bouncy house. There was a full house and I can see why, I hope more people come up and experience the Mt. Madision.

Reviewed July 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Mt Madison Inn for a weekend of hiking the White Mountains. The motel was in downtown Gorham and close to a few trailheads. The inn is a classic motel experience - located on the main drag, no frills room, pool out front. The accomodations were adequate - clean room, reasonably comfortable bed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. By no means were these luxurious accomodations but were perfect for our purposes. The pool was a great bonus after a day of hiking in the heat. One downside was that the walls were thin and there was a lot of noise from people in the room above and people sitting outside the rooms in the evening. We would definitely stay there again.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

They have a nice pool in the center of the property. The Owner / Managers make a pretty good pizza right on the property and deliver right to your room for only 15 Bucks! The rooms have fridges and microwaves in them. Wifi too. A family friendly atmosphere. would stay here again. Priced right.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gorham
Royalty Inn
Omni Mount Washington Resort
Omni Mount Washington Resort
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods
Attitash Grand Summit Hotel

Been to Mt Madison Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!