“Very Disappointing :-(” 2 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Gorham, New Hampshire
“Very Disappointing :-(”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I had looked forward to this new restaurant's opening. We wanted this place to be a success, as we are locals and always like to support our local businesses.

That said, what a terrible disappointment!

The first time we tried to go, the place was newly opened and mobbed. One person who was leaving said they had waited almost an hour, and their order still had not been taken. So, we decided to wait, and try again the next night.

We ordered a large pizza with four toppings to go. The total came to about 19 bucks. We normally pay that for a "loaded" pizza, but we were willing to pay the extra for wood-fired pizza. I picked it up about 40 minutes after it was ordered, and brought it home. When I opened it up, I immediately noticed that 1/2 of the pizza was totally black on sections of the crust. When I lifted those slices up, big sections were black on the bottom, too. I've had wood fired pizza before, and it was delicious. I love blackened steak, but NOT blackened pizza.

The manager was very apologetic, and offered to either make another one or refund our money. We chose the refund, because it already was nearly 8:00 P.M. and we did not want to have to wait another 40 minutes for another one.

We fully understand that mistakes can be made, especially when it's busy. But, that night, all the middle tables were empty, so there was no mad rush for orders. What bothers us the most was that the person who put that pizza in the take out box HAD to know it was not acceptable. Still, he or she put it in the box, and palmed it off on an unsuspecting customer. Definitely not a way to leave a good first impression.

Frankly, there are 4 other pizza places in town: Gorham House of Pizza; Mary's Pizza; Mr. Pizza, and Pizza Hut. All of these serve very good pizza, although the styles are all different from one another. The average price for a large "loaded" pizza is less than $19 at any of these other establishments. Not sure I can justify going back to Mountain Fire Pizza. :-(

• Visited June 2013