“Best Price Service Ratio (Comming out of Stephen King Movie) Must try” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Colonial Fort Inn/Hikers Paradise

Colonial Fort Inn/Hikers Paradise
Colonial Fort Inn/Hikers Paradise
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Gorham
Montreal, Canada
“Best Price Service Ratio (Comming out of Stephen King Movie) Must try”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

You have to try they cuttages; and they have free fast wireless internet service!. The whole setup is coming out of a facinating Stephen King Movie. For those who like to be budget friendly and see opportunities everywhere, this is your place. Located at intersection of the Highway 2 and 16 buildings sits on a few acres lot. The place has Has a lot of parking space and once can get a double bed for 48$. I has one of the few multi-level buildings and can provide you with excellent view of the region.

When looking at the advertised pictures, you know you will find Vintage furniture, carpets that have seen better days and non-leveled floors however, the place remains dry, heater is working like a charm, water pressure in bathroom is great and hot water forever. I did my inpection of the entire room expecting to find messages left under drawers by previous customers and found nothing outstanding.

Even the "Inn Keeper" looks like ex cold war scientist that chose to retire away from cities and technology. If you spend a bit of time with him, you will quickly discover an interesting and funny individual that found a way to stop time.

I was the last warm place I would sleep in before camping a few days in the Presidential Range and will do the same next year.

I have recommended this place to all my Fellow Canadian Adventurer Colleagues and to Rock Island on-duty personnel.

Room Tip: As for Cuttage Motel Room for parking space and room size privacy / Ask for Hotel Room with View
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank HardCoded_Outlier

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Mary48154
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

They charged us $98 and didn't even have a box of kleenex in the room. Cheap everything and I mean everything. Beds were horrible, shower barely worked, and the towels were paper thin. I would never stay at this place again..I would sleep in my car first. The office is very dirty and so is the kitchen that they cook meals in. No way would I eat at this place, yuck!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere or stay in your car!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Mary48154

Travelers are raving about these Gorham hotels

Camden, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Just as Jeramie P wrote about his stay in July, I experienced the same in September 2012. The room was very dirty, but that was the least of my concerns when I pulled back the covers of the bed and saw black pubic hairs on the sheet and a large fluid stain in the middle of it. It was the most revolting thing I have seen in a hotel, and I have stayed in rough places in South and Central America and Eastern Europe. The following morning, I complained to the owner of the Motel, an older man called Bruno. Bruno response was to get aggressive and defensive and when I said "I am not going to tell you what to do, but I am not happy to pay for my bed" he simply pushed me 20 USD and say "take it or leave it". There was no apology and regret. I was incensed. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Simply put, DO NOT STAY HERE. Its certainly not good value, and the rooms are anything but clean.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
9 Thank Jim P
Manchester, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

So before staying here for 2 nights this past weekend, I had checked some of the and saw that some were negative but figured it couldn't be too too bad. Im more than comfortable camping, so I figured if there were a few spiders no big deal. The spiders in the room were the least of our worries. When we arrived, we found that the room looked like it hadn't even been vacuumed, as there was still visible dirt and dust on the carpet. Upon checking out the bathroom, we were greeted with a line of mold on the ceiling around the bathtub. The beds were the final straw...... the sheets were stained and still had hair all over them. They looked as though they had not even been washed since the last guest. It was by far the DIRTIEST hotel room I have stayed in anywhere. Spend the extra money to stay somewhere else! We definitely will next time!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jeramie P
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

I actually had a great time here.If you're looking for an inexpensive place to stay just for the night, this is the place to be. Please ignore the other negative reviews. You get your money's worth with a clean bed, hot shower, tv, AC and a fridge. The owner/receptionist, Bruno, was very warm and welcoming. He was funny and pleasant. If you're not looking for all the bells and whistles in a hotel, this is the place to be. So, give it a chance.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank richqui
Norwich, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

We have stayed here several times and have always had a clean, warm, comfortable room with plenty of hot water in our whirlpool tub. Our kids love the multitude of channels on the TV and we all love the amazing breakfast before a day of skiing! The poached eggs are the best I have had and our kids often ask us for "Bruno's eggs" after we get home. The owners/hosts are very hospitable and concerned with our comfort. I believe they offer the best price in town and the accommodations are a great value for what we paid. We enjoy visiting with the owner, who is a ski instructor and racer, and sharing skiing stories from all over the world. You won't get any schmalz here but you will enjoy a comfortable room for a great value. We will surely return again and again. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Amy T
Montreal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

I believe that when one is in Gorham, it's not for a Polo game. This place is exactly what one needs when hiking, skiing or camping. Simple, clean and inexpensive, this motel is a good choice for a quick pit stop along the way. The owner and host is fluent in a few languages and if you care for a chat with him, you might learn a thing or two. Seeing new places and meeting interesting people is really the point of it all. Cheers!

Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Jarek K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gorham
Royalty Inn
Northern Peak Motor Inn
Nordic Village Resort
Nordic Village Resort
#6 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to Colonial Fort Inn/Hikers Paradise? Share your experiences!