“Excellent Value in the White Mountains”
Review of Gorham Motor Inn

Gorham Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Gorham B&B and Inns
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Excellent Value in the White Mountains”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I found this place on a Google search. It's very conveniently located right off the main highway. The owner and his wife were super friendly and helpful. I like the fact that it's a mom and pop operation instead of a corporate chain. I was alone, and my room was only $48 - a fantastic deal!

The place is old, but very clean and fully equipped. My room had everything - TV, AC, small frig, wi-fi, plenty of freshly cleaned towels etc., and a great shower! I had dinner down the street at Mr. Pizza - another great find. It's a great restaurant with low prices and a great variety of good food. There seemed to be numerous other great choices also. The haddock tenders(they call then Neptune Nuggets) - were fantastic!

When you step outside your room, you are looking right at the White Mountains and superb scenery. It's close to all the best hiking trails and numerous other destinations. There is a swimming pool if you need it.

I see some of the other reviews and it's hard to believe they were at the same place. My experience was wonderful and I will go back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Granby, Canada
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Well I'm glad I'm not alone to see that this motel is the worst I've seen in the region. we present July 30, 2012 we made the reservation by internet, we ask you to pay on arrival right away with our credit card, what we did, then we went to see the room that we had give ....... it was one of the worst place we ever been'' the room smelled of damp and contain'' we have 3 children so not a place for them in one of our most child has a health problem. we return to office for another room, we ask you why?? and they have told us that we were in New Hampshire and that it was normal or humidity the other room was a little less bad but still not good enough to let my kids sleep in this room. we request a refund but it was impossible'' policy'' motel after successfully get a refund of 50% we were in another hotel Gorham Royalty Inn 130 Main Street, Gorham, NH 03581
I hope that it will $ 121 will use pay the febrezze to put some pleasant smell in their rooms

Pierre

Room Tip: Gorham Royalty Inn 130 Main Street, Gorham, is verry good place for the same price
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank PierreBelanger

Travelers are raving about these Gorham hotels

Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed here as an add on and the website made it look acceptible. I made a mistake of not checking some reviews first. After I read the reviews I tried to cancel but they wouldnt alow me to.To begin with there was a huge hole in the wall! WHO KNOWS WHAT WAS COMING IN AT NIGHT!!! The glass on the window was broken. I asked for a non smoking room and all i smelled was smoke. There was a very small TV but it only had a few channels.The beds were so uncomfortable I barley slept at all.I didnt take a shower because the bathtub was full of mold.I stayed the night before at the Evergreen Motel in Jefferson NH and paid only 1 dollar more there than for this place. And that was one of the nicest hotels I had EVER stayed at! The pool wasnt even open even though I would have no intention to swim in it.There is only one man working there and the office to check out isnt open 'till 9a.m I left at 5 a.m. because I couldnt stand it. I will NEVER stay here again and advise you not to either! STAY AWAY from the gorham motor inn! the only thing that was I guess you can say acceptable was the location

Room Tip: Read the reviews first!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lindsey V
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stayed here due to affordability and access to the Mt Washington Auto road. The Gorham Motor Lodge management made check in very quick and painless. The price was affordable. Parking was good, and proximity to a convenience store, breakfast spot, and water pressure was also great! When I checked out and left something behind, the GML management went out of their way to see it was returned without hassle, back to Canada. Thanks staff!

Room Tip: Any room near the highway is bound to be louder.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Las Vegas
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The owners were nice but ..... this hotel is from the 60's. The first indication there is a problem is when there are no rooms available anywhere in town and you pull up to this place and the parking lot has 5 cars in it. At 11pm the lights on the property go out, and by this I mean there is not a SINGLE light bulb burning anywhere on the property, the pool gate (ice cold pool) is always unlatched and open, the outlets in the room are 2 prong and so worn out that your cell phone charger won't stay plugged in for long before falling out. Pros are, they have lots of vacancy when every other hotel in town is full to capacity. Hey, bottom line is it's a place to stay when your in a pinch. Just tell yourself that morning will be here soon and it will all be over with before you know it. Beds, towels, sheets were clean, TV & Fridge work fine. You can live here for a night if you have to. Suggestion to the owner from a business owner: Remodel and they will come.

Room Tip: I dont think there is one here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank partcentpc
Berlin, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2012

cozy clean rooms and nice employees i enjoyed my stay at the gorham motor inn will go back soon.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed May 27, 2012

While not a chain motel, this place had an initial bad impression because of the bad smell when we first came in and the door stuck in the jamb. But, after opening the windows and after 2 days here with my family,I would come back as a 2nd choice.

The rooms were clean, but dated furniture. Bathroom large and hot water was quickly delivered. Wifi service was spotty (had to sit outsie to get a clean signal) Security lighting is poor on the fronts, but I really noticed that this is a small town, not a burb of a larger city. There is a motorsports service shop just down the way that had 2 bikes sitting out all weekend long. I felt secure in this place considering its location in the world.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family