All reviews pinkham house madison room restaurant next door room was clean white mountains santa's village stay there again walking distance pool and hot tub great place to stay new hampshire local restaurants state park staff was friendly in town pizza up to date
Reviewed September 10, 2018

Rooms were very clean. They had lots of outdoor seating including a propane fire pit. BBQs available for cooking food. Nice clean pool. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Walking distance to restaurants.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mt Madison Inn a, Front Office Manager at Top Notch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind words. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed yourselves at the Top Notch Inn, and we hope you'll visit again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

Place is easy to find and receptionist knowledgeable and helpful. Room we stayed in was in annex adjacent to office, large and clean. Only comment is that these rooms (4 of them) are closer to Route 2 than courtyard rooms and hence bit more road noise. J's restaurant right next door has good regular food and very good service. McD and Dunkin D's are nearby and a real breakfast restaurant just bit further down Rt.2.

Room Tip: I'd try to get a courtyard room rather than a room in the annex
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate the feedback and take it to heart. Our Presidential King rooms are very popular with our guests because of their unique country feel, however they are located closer to the road than some of our other rooms and are priced accordingly. We hope you'll visit again and try one of our other room types.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

I booked this hotel because it was close to Santa's Village and the only one in that area with vacancy and great reviews..and that wasn't over $400 a night. I knew to expect a motel style from looking it up on google earth. Although that isn't my cup of tea, I knew what I was booking. I read all of the great reviews so I had faith. I checked in with Kevin who was lovely. Got to my room, it was ok. The beds, pillows and linen were comfortable. The bathroom needed a complete upgrade. I spent the least amount of time in there as possible. What really bothered me about our stay, is that our toddler walked on the carpet with bare feet..which most people do in their hotel room..and his feet ended up being black! I thought it was from his shoes that he wore earlier in the day. I wiped his feet clean..and then after he walked around on the carpet some more..black again! This was absolutely disgusting. I highly recommend having your carpets professionally cleaned. I would not stay at this place again. Overpriced for our experience with this hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank kiwi1712

We are very concerned with your comments. This is not our usual guest's experience and we appreciate you letting us know. Our carpets are all cleaned regularly, however after hearing your feedback we immediately had them all professionally cleaned. We'll be sure to adjust our maintenance schedule to be sure that this does not occur again. We hope you'll consider giving us another try if you're ever in the area again and see why we're the top ranked hotel in Gorham out of 12 hotels.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

We stayed in the cottage and it was a wonderful experience. It was clean, spacious and up to date. We loved having our own space and still having access to the pool and hot tub. Everyone in the office was so pleasant as well! The location is perfect, since our trip involved Santa's ViIllage and Storyland. We will be back!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank LauRNT410

We're very please that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Mt Moriah Cottage. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

We were planning on visiting Santa's Village near this town and we were looking for a good hotel. Since there were no chain hotels in the area we decided to try The Top Notch inn. The reception area smelled so sweet it felled like we were in a maple syrup factory. The room was very clean and we had 2 queen beds. We are a bit bigger and the bed felt a little like sleaping on a bean bag. The bathroom was a bit small too, but sufficient.

The rooms are a bit noisy and you can hear your nextdoor neighbour, but most people seemed to keep that into account.
There are 2 grills outside which are free available for the guests.

There is a nice pool and a jacuzzi and at night people had started a fire and there was some music playing. It was really nice and the staff was very friendly. I would have given this motel 4* if the price would be more motel style. We paid 142 dollars for 1 night.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate all feedback from our guests and use it to improve our services.