“Terrific customer service”
Review of Joe Dodge Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gorham
Joe Dodge Lodge
GreenLeadersGold level
Portland, Maine
“Terrific customer service”
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Just got off the phone with the best customer service guy at JDL (or anywhere, lately)! We had an issue that came up unrelated to our experience there that they completely helped solve. They totally went the extra mile. I love those guys.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 2, 2010

Great people work here. They go out of their way to be helpful, and have all the knowledge you need to ensure a safe hike up the mountain.

I highly recommend it!

Thanks to everyone at Joe Dodge for making this a great experience.
Om shanti,
Roberta

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 23, 2010

My teenage son and I started and ended our White Mountain climbing adventure at Joe Dodge, and gosh, what a great experience we had. Communal dining, expert trail advice from the staff, no-frills but super comfortable rooms, evening nature programs, and HOT STEAMY SHOWERS -- a welcome relief after our trek in the mountains. And, cheap! Free Internet, free parking, and civilization (mini golf, fudge, outlets, and movies) are just down the road in Conway. We had a blast!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Pamela G
Harvard, MA
Reviewed July 20, 2010

My 16 year old son and I had a wonderful, relaxing stay at Joe Dodge Lodge. The staff was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. We took advantage of the many hiking opportunities right outside the door. Additionally, we enjoyed curling up in a comfy chair with a book after dinner.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Westfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 24, 2010

I have been to the AMC Pinkham Notch Visitor's Center and Joe Dodge Lodge twice before, and this was, by far, the best time I have had. Maybe it was the unexpected spring snow that made skiing possible all the way from Tuckerman's Ravine down to the parking lot. But, the staff at Joe Dodge contributed greatly to the experience. The staff at check-in was exceptional! We were supposed to be split up into separate rooms, male and female, because we made our reservation late. They found a way to put us in our own room (with a cot) which was much better that what we had reserved AND reduced the room rate for our "inconvenience." The fact that the meals are included is a definite plus, and the food was great. I liked that the AMC has the store at the Visitor's Center, as my daughter was not prepared for the cold that we encountered for a spring trip. We purchased everything we needed for reasonable prices. The rest of the staff was very helpful with information about the weather and trails. If you want to hike Mt. Washington, this is the most convenient place to stay to start your trip.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Maine
Reviewed April 16, 2010

Almost twenty years ago, in my mid-teens, I had spent a winter weekend at Joe Dodge Lodge with my family and I remembered it fondly - great food, access to front and backcountry skiing, and fine lodging with friendly staff, a gameroom where we played lots of Pictionary and cards - great family time. This year I returned with my spouse and own kids, ages 1 and 4, and met my mother and brother for another winter weekend. Memory had served me well. It fit our needs in every way. Family style meals with plenty of choice went over well with the kids and were ready to go upon arrival. Our bunkroom was clean, quiet and comfortable and we all slept well, which for the kids, and therefore us, is a near miracle while traveling. We arrived Friday evening, skied Saturday at Wildcat and snowshoed Sunday to a nearby pond with clear views of Mt. Washington the whole weekend. Our four year-old loved the whole thing and the lodge even provided kid-sized snowshoes. The staff (and other guests) were super friendly to the kids and to us. Other than the fact that the kids were a bit young for full-on competitive Pictionary or hearts, it was even better than I had remembered - and we had a great visit with my brother and mother, who agreed.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
RI
Reviewed March 3, 2010

We couldn't have enjoyed our trip more! We had a group of 18 (7 scouts and 11 adults) who had never been here before. The AMC was very helpful and accommodating. At least one of the group joined the AMC as a result of our stay and we plan to make this trip an annual event!

• Stayed February 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gorham
Mt Madison Inn & Suites
Town & Country Inn and Resort
Omni Mount Washington Resort
Omni Mount Washington Resort
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods

Been to Joe Dodge Lodge? Share your experiences!