“Excellent food”

Saalt Pub
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Gorham
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Italian, Pub
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hidden, underground restaurant serves excellent food and cocktails. Prices are reasonable. This is the place to relax and enjoy a delicious meal.

There are newer reviews for Saalt Pub

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Live locally, took my brother who was up visiting from Texas. I ordered the penne with a kale pesto... Ten out of ten... Simply amazing! Even more interesting is my brother ordered some pulled pork sandwich with fries. Now my brother attended college in Nashville, and lives in Texas. So this guy knows his barbecue. Said it was the best pulled pork he's ever had, and even said he wished the owner could ship it to him. :) great food. Great beer. Great place!

1  Thank KliffScott
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was in town for a race and read good things about this pub and decided to give it a try. I really enjoyed my meal there, but I was expecting pub fare, which it was not. It was housed in an old pub, but to me pub food is more shepherd's pie and fish and chips with a really big beer list which it didn't have. This menu was more international with influences from all over Europe and Asia. I had a huge and excellent salad with shredded kale, brussel sprouts, beets and coriander croutons. Their poutine (Canadian fries with cheese curds and gravy) was fine. Dinner was a caramelized pork with a Thai curry sauce over slightly undercooked ramen noodles and fresh cilantro was a little disappointing. Dessert was a lovely chocolate pot-de-creme with melting marshmallows and house baked graham crackers. I'm not sure that there was a culinary theme to the food, it's a little catch as catch can, but I think it works in a small town with limited options. They obviously care about the quality of ingredients and are creative about flavor combinations.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Just got back from another fabulous evening at Saalt - Dinner was delectable, as usual (tonight was a special menu for St. Patrick's Day). I had walnut crusted chicken served over leek and potato soup with a slice of Liz's incredible bread, and my companion enjoyed lamb sausage with mashed potatoes, carrots, and a thick slice of the bread, too. In honor of the holiday, a great local band, the Shelburne Addition was playing, adding to the pleasant and festive atmosphere. Add the great staff, and it was another fabulous night at Saalt!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

When we arrived at Saalt this past Saturday night, Steve (the owner) immediately recognized my nine year-old son from our first visit a month before. "How was the rabbit hunting last time?" he asked. I was amazed that he recalled us and the reason for our previous visit to Gorham and I mention this because it gives an example of the type of place that Saalt is.

Saalt is one of those amazing eateries that has all the right touches - personality, ambiance, menu, and character. The decor is fantastic, with high tin ceilings and lots of artistic touches. My son loves the giant portrait of George Washington in the loo.

The folks working at Saalt are happy, warm, and friendly and are genuinely interested in the comfort of their guests. Our server made sure that we were able to sample from the great on-tap beer selection to help us narrow down our choices.

The food at Saalt is everything that pub food should be. We all had burgers and they were delicious. Next time I plan to try one of their stews - they looked incredible. The homemade cookies for dessert were perfect.

We had such a great time at Saalt that we'll be looking for excuses to get up to the Gorham area to enjoy it again. Perhaps we'll plan a ski trip or a hiking trip. But truthfully, I think that it would be worth the long ride up there just to hang out at Saalt - it's that good!