“fabulous atmosphere”

Saalt Pub
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Gorham
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Italian, Pub
Reviewed May 20, 2012

great food, friendly staff. Wish I could be there every night...

Reviewed April 3, 2012

My husband and I were passing through Gorham on our way to Maine 2 weeks ago. We ended up staying the night at a motel, and then began our search for somewhere to eat. It was off-season and we really didn't expect much, as it looked like most places were closed. We then found this wonderful little downstairs pub/restaurant. We had wonderful food and the quality and taste were amazing. Good variety and a very unique menu. Make sure you follow up your dinner with one of their scrumptious home made cookies!

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I found this place online before heading up to Gorham to stay the night before skiing at Sunday River. The food and service were fantastic, which was just what we needed after the long drive from Boston. We had the Euro Plate, Thai Shrimp Stew & Winter Chicken Salad Salad, all of which were fresh, high quality and tasty. This place would do well as a neighborhood pub in the competitive Boston market. In fact, I would love it if they opened up shop in my neighborhood!

1  Thank emily617
Reviewed December 23, 2011

We have eaten at Saalt Pub many times and have never been disappointed. The martini and special drink menu is great. There is a good beer selection of local New England beers also. The food is exceptional. The menu is a pub menu and therefore small but the selection is one that everyone should find something that fits their appatite. We were there last week and I ordered the ahi tuna tacos-2 tacos with more than enough fresh tuna, homemade salsa and quacamole perfectly done. My wife had a dish with a middle eastern sauce loaded with veggies, a little spicy but just enough. The apps are also good and if ordering 2 you could have a full meal. We have had the soups before and each time they were excellent. We would highly recommend Saalt Pub for a cozy dinner after skiing Wildcat Mt. or hiking the mts. around the area. Upstairs is Libby's Bistro (owned by the same people) for a more sopisticated dinner that will absolutely not disappoint.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

We may have encountered a very busy night at Saalt Pub... The place is very small (about 10 tables) and cozy. We all started with salads, which are delicious with Libby's home made vinaigrette dressing. The bread is amazing too. Several members of my family said that they had the best burgers they ever tasted. I had African Chicken tomatoes, rich red curry, basmati rice, chutney. The flavor of the African chicken was good, but I didn't find one piece of chicken in my meal. All of the meals came with fries. But the portion was so small (about 4 or 5 hand cut fries per person). The service was a bit slow. I think we encountered a very busy night, so that might have accounted for the smaller/missing portion sizes (I should have notified our wait person).

If you are looking for a casual, comfortable and relaxed place to have a light meal or cocktail; I would recommend this place. I've also eaten at Libby's Bistro, which is upstairs. We had such a great experience there, I was expecting a bit more in food-wise, in the pub, The prices are reasonable ($10 - $12 per entree).

2  Thank gwardbeeler