“Delicious bagels, organic earl gray, and a comfy couch.”

White Mountain Cafe & Bookstore
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Gorham
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 15, 2014

An adorable little coffee shop and bookstore combination serving sandwiches, paninis, and treats.

It's not the cheapest place we've found for breakfast but it's quality with decent quantity. We ordered 2 bacon and egg sandwiches on jalopeno bagels with cream cheese, a nantucket nector, a large organic early Greg tea, and a small bag of chocolate coved espresso beans which came to $20.

The bagels are very fresh and delicious. The jalapeño bagel was not as spicy as the ones I'm use to but they were still spicy enough, especially for breakfast.

Plenty of parking, free WiFi, and decent bathrooms.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

When travelling, I'm so happy to find a coffee shop that is unique to the area, but also serves the variety of coffee you'd find in a big city. White Mountain Café & Bookstore fits the bill and then some. They have great quiche and breakfast foods, as well as paninis, soups, and salads, and their chocolate chip cookies are as good as any (we came a couple times during our stay). The staff is warm and friendly, and the atmosphere and seating is comfortable. In addition to local-author books, the adjoining bookstore also carries a few other interesting items. My only complaint is I wish it stayed open past 4 pm.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We had stopped to get a quick breakfast on our way out of town and enjoyed this quaint little place. Had a very fresh bagel and a yummy smoothie to hit the road!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

I'm a coffee/espresso addict and love trying new coffee places when I travel. This place was the best of the 6 coffee places I went to during my week in New England. The latte I had was perfect, so great tasting and I like that it was not weak on the coffee taste. Too often lattes can taste weak but this latte was excellent. The espresso taste in my drink was fantastic. I must admit I had my reservations when stopping here because it is kind of a dumpy looking place on the outside and it has a small book store inside but am so glad I gave the place a chance.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

this is a great place to grab some good coffee and breakfast sandwiches...and the atmosphere with the bookstore is really nice. Never dissapointed, starts off really well a ski day.