“Best skiing in 2 years!”

Great Glen Trails Outdoor Center
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Gorham
More attraction details
Owner description: Family outdoor recreation center in the middle of the White Mountains. Cross country skiing, snowshoeing, snow tubing and SnowCoach rides up the Mt Washington Auto Road and a ski shop to outfit you for the fun in the winter; private carriage road type trail system for biking, running, birding and nature study in summer along with kayak and canoe trips and an outdoor shop.
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We arrived in the afternoon to ski just a little and get our ski legs because we hadn't skied in 2 years. You couldn't have asked for better conditions. The trails were well groomed and marked.
We returned the next day skied again in the morning and went snowshoeing in the afternoon. The snowshoe trails are on the opposite side of the road, so the the snowshoers and the skiers are using different trails.
Skiing was so wonderful that I ended up purchasing new equipment at their ski store.
At the base lodge they serve food, or you can brown bag it. The dining area has a large fireplace. There are also several changing rooms.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

What my family likes about Great Glen is it always has snow even some winters when other places don't. What we don't like about the place is you run into an intersection every strides it seems and, until you learn the lay out, you find your self stopping and having to look at the map to figure out where you want to go. By the end of the first day though you know the lay out and that's not a problem but if you're only there for a day we prefer Bretton Woods.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We have been cross country skiing at Great Glen since they opened 19 years ago. Love this place! It's my favorite! And don't forget to get some lunch. Great homemade soups and sandwiches!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

There was noting, in my opinion, to not like. The views and outstanding and the trails were wonderful and very private. I would go here every weekend if I could!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Me and my wife stopped here to do some Mt Biking. Nice trails well marked. Wish we had more time to stay here. Time went by much to quickly.