Storybook Inn & Suites
New England Inn(Intervale)
The Wentworth(Jackson)
Clarendon Motel(North Conway)
View Hotel
All reviewsnew hampshirepleasant staybeds were comfortabledefinitely stay here againwhite mountainswoods
FilterAll languages
Burlington, MA
Reviewed January 4, 2006

My wife & I took our two small children to StoryLand and stayed here. I can't even begin to tell you how disgusting the room was. The wallpaper was peeling, one of our windows didn't even have a shade, their was a putrid moldly smell permeating the whole room. In addition to that the carpet was so disgusting that we wouldn't let our children walk on it. We placed them on the bed and carried them out the next morning. Our matresses were so bad that only one of the beds was comfortable enough to sleep in. Finally thinking about the bathroom still makesmy skin crawl. The tub was black with what looked like years of neglect. We booked two nights but stayed only one. If we didn't have the kids with us then we wouldn't have stayed at all. If you think I am kidding or making it up then help yourself to the worst experience you will ever have and book a room here. Wish I had read some of the reviews here before booking. The one good review makes me wonder how many places they have actually stayed.

• Stayed: August 2005
29  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 9, 2005

We just spent 2 nights at the Storybook resort-my extended family ages 9-42. We had 3 rooms in the hillside building. We have been visiting the White Mtn. area almost annually for about 20 years, and usually stay in North Conway. This resort is approximately 10 miles from town (and the outlets!), right off rt. 302, formally a Best Western. We found the staff particularly friendly and accommodating. This was especially true when my sister had to change her room due to a moldy/mildew smell. She was quickly changed to another room in the same building on the 2nd floor, where the smell was greatly reduced. It rained all weekend, so this probably added to the problem of the smell. The rooms have 2 queen sized beds, room for a roll-away, a mini fridge, microwave and a patio (ground floor)/covered balcony for the rooms on the 2nd floor. The rooms appeared to be clean, the beds very comfortable. There were some water spots on the ceiling and stains on the carpet--which might be the origin of the mildew/musty smell.
We found the small restaurant on property nice--again staff very friendly. Some of the group used the indoor pool which they liked, there is also an outdoor pool and playground. We paid $165.00 per night which I thought was a little steep. For comparison, we stayed at the Holiday Inn express last year for $188.00/night and the facilities, except for a smaller pool, were much nicer. The price also included a continental breakfast (at the Holiday Inn). I don't like to give negative reviews as I didn't stay in all the rooms at the resort--maybe some of the newer buildings had nicer rooms (without the smell) and our situation was just unfortunate. I would stay here again if I could get a better price, as most hotels in North Conway are very expensive during leaf-peeping season, and we don't really spend much time at the hotel anyway.
Again, I have to compliment the staff, everyone from the front desk to housekeeping, was very nice.

• Stayed: October 2005
7  Thank geekie
Reviewed September 7, 2004

Although the staff at the front desk was friendly and helpful, we found that the rooms were too old and not updated. The towels were very rough and we could not use them on our face (too scratchy). The bed was very uncomfortable and the shower wasn't too bad. The room was a bit pricey! We certainly did not get what we paid for!!

However, the location of Storybook Resort is in a perfect location as it is conviently located to anywhere you may need to go

19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 22, 2004

Stayed at the Storybook Resort on August 21, 2004. Staff at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating, and we took the last room available. The room was in the Inn portion of the property and was roomy, but that is the nicest comment we have. The condition of the room was run down, with ripped or missing window shades, wallpaper ripped and actually peeling off the walls, and the overall condition of the room and furnishings can only be described as threadbare and worn out. Location is teriffic, but many other choices for lodging in the area to look at first!

• Stayed: August 2004
16  Thank Pete151
Billerica, MA
Reviewed July 25, 2004

I travel around New England quite a bit and found that, for the money, this was a great place. I found it to be clean and service to be quite friendly. I will definitely return when I am in the White Mountain area for the foliage season.

My boyfriend and I also found the indoor pool area to have a nice, wooded spa like feel to it.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member