“Relaxing and conveinent”

Storybook Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 5 Glen B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is a very nice inn and suites that is locates right about in the middle of all the attractions around Conway and Jackson in New Hampshire.There in an indoor and outdoor pool and hot tug.Very friendly staff,very large rooms,some have a door between them for your convience if you need more then a room.The only complaint I had was the light over the table was out in the room too far and I hit my head on it a lot.It should be in over the table more.You couldn't ask for more helpful staff.Seems like every where we go in New Hampshire the people at these places are very pleasant.You can walk to one of the finest resturants in N.H.,the Train Depot.just across the road.Up around the corner is the Story Land attraction.Just a few miles the other way is Conway.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Arnold S

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed at the Storybook inn on October 6th for our son's birthday.Cost 179.85 for one night,no internet,no free breakfast,no heat !!!! Went to NH because our son wanted to go to Mount Washington to celebrate it. Terrible week-end to go there as it was so jam packed due to the Columbus day week-end. I sure wished that I was smart enough to check with TripAdvisor before we decided to go.We had stayed in other inns years ago and they were great compare to this one.Even the gas prices there were higher there than here in Mass,right Columbus day week-end.At check-in the woman told us we would have 2 queen beds,well they were just full size beds,guess she dosen't know a full from a queen bed.Even though this inn was close to Mt Washington,we would of been better off traveling further to get a cheaper and better room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jeri77
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The room was clean and well maintained. It is not a fancy place, and the rates are certainly not cheap so the value is not exceptional. It is located very close to Mt Washington and several other hiking spots and is easy to find..

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank HamTrin
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is a very laid back establishment with aging but adequate rooms for rent. There are a few separate buildings with different sleeping/living areas. The room was musty because the weather had been so humid and windows were left open for ventilation. The beds were OK. For the money it was a passable place to sleep.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I booked 2 nights here so we could take my four year old to Story Land a few days. Everything sounded great by the description, and the price was right. Plus it was very close to Story Land. When we got there, the unprofessionally dressed receptionist let us know that the outdoor pool was out of order, as it was "getting chlorine". She said we could still use the kiddie pool though. I was immediately upset by this. It's the middle of the summer! I booked this hotel because it had a kiddie pool outside next to the out door pool, and an indoor heated pool. That way on beautiful sunny days we could spend some time outside in the sun at the pools. And if it was rainy or cool, we could use the indoor heated pool. Also, we all love hot tubs! So, i guess I came to terms that we wouldnt be spending any time out by the pool in the sun. The room did feel kinda damp, and it did have a funky smell. The TV was this tiny old thing that I half expected to find antenna with tin foil on the end. They say they have free WiFi, but it's only in the sitting room and lobby. My daughter was VERY excited about swimming, so we immediately got our suits on and went to the kiddie pool. It was kind of dirty with a bunch of stuff floating around in it. I looked over at the large pool only to find that it was a dark green color. EW. We then went to the indoor pool. I stepped into the hot tub only to find that it was a luke warm tub. With a garden hose pouring cold water into it. So we went over to the pool, it was cloudy and murky. I stepped in and it was freezing! THAT WAS IT! I immediately asked my boyfriend to go ask for a refund, as I was just too angry to deal with the situation. He went to the office and she did give us a refund for our two nights. We then had to drive around at 800 at night trying to find a new place to stay. Of course there are alot in the area, but we were on somewhat of a budget, and we wanted to to have both an indoor and outdoor pool. My daughter was tired, and upset that she couldn't go swimming. Luckily we found one and were checked in by 900. The Yankee Clipper. They have an indoor pool and hot tub that is open til 11pm. It isnt heated, but they dont advertize it as such either. They also have an outdoor pool and hot tub.They were actually cheaper than Storybook Inn as well. You may also buy your StoryLand passes through them and recieve free breakfast at the Blueberry Muffin Restaurant, the hotels restaurant. We checked in, went to our clean, yet very basic, room. Changed and went to the indoor pool for a while. Avery had a blast playing with the other children in the pool and in the actually hot hot tub. At ten we went back up to our room and changed, and went over to Friendlys only a few buildings down, open til 11. We had planned on being very much asleep by this time, but thanks to Storybook Inn, we had a pretty late night. Infact, I'm in my hotel room right now, as I write this, at 1am. Had to get this out though. DONT GO THERE! Next time I want to save up a little more and go to Adventure Suites. Looks AMAZING!

Room Tip: Don't book a room at this hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Tiffany M
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Ask for and received special rate from online and lots of other families and guess there. Perfect location as jump off spot. ROoms had everything we needed for grandparents, adults and grand kids. Clean and cold fridge, micro, amenitues

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Susan N
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Storybook is a lot more than meets the eye...It's surprising to see how spread out the property is, with lots of lawns and woods surrounding the different rooms. We stayed in the secluded Brookside section which was spacious with an outdoor patio, king bed and fireplace. We were far enough away from the highway that we didn't hear the traffic. I really enjoyed soaking in the hot tub and indoor/outdoor pools after a day of visiting nearby waterfalls. Storybook's location is the best! You're at the junction of two major state roads, which makes for a great stepping off point for heading off to the many attractions, literally, just minutes away (like Storyland and Attitash). Not having to deal with traffic of nearby North Conway is a big plus in my book. While there, I checked out the rooms in the Inn and found them to be lovely-cozy and quaint--perfect for larger families or groups of friends. I like having a variety of room locations to choose from, such as the case at Storybook. I highly recommend Storybook Inn & Suites. With their friendly, helpful staff, you won't be disappointed, Definitely a cut above the chain hotels found on No. Conway's strip.

Room Tip: Woodside & Brookside units are more secluded & larger than the rooms around the pool area.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank karlkarren
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen
Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway
Attitash Grand Summit Hotel
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
#2 of 3 in Intervale

Been to Storybook Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!