“reasonable and close” 3 of 5 bubbles

Storybook Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 5 Glen B&B and Inns
“reasonable and close”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

The room was clean and well maintained. It is not a fancy place, and the rates are certainly not cheap so the value is not exceptional. It is located very close to Mt Washington and several other hiking spots and is easy to find..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank HamTrin

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
BRIDGEWATER
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is a very laid back establishment with aging but adequate rooms for rent. There are a few separate buildings with different sleeping/living areas. The room was musty because the weather had been so humid and windows were left open for ventilation. The beds were OK. For the money it was a passable place to sleep.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
York, Maine, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I booked 2 nights here so we could take my four year old to Story Land a few days. Everything sounded great by the description, and the price was right. Plus it was very close to Story Land. When we got there, the unprofessionally dressed receptionist let us know that the outdoor pool was out of order, as it was "getting chlorine". She said we could still use the kiddie pool though. I was immediately upset by this. It's the middle of the summer! I booked this hotel because it had a kiddie pool outside next to the out door pool, and an indoor heated pool. That way on beautiful sunny days we could spend some time outside in the sun at the pools. And if it was rainy or cool, we could use the indoor heated pool. Also, we all love hot tubs! So, i guess I came to terms that we wouldnt be spending any time out by the pool in the sun. The room did feel kinda damp, and it did have a funky smell. The TV was this tiny old thing that I half expected to find antenna with tin foil on the end. They say they have free WiFi, but it's only in the sitting room and lobby. My daughter was VERY excited about swimming, so we immediately got our suits on and went to the kiddie pool. It was kind of dirty with a bunch of stuff floating around in it. I looked over at the large pool only to find that it was a dark green color. EW. We then went to the indoor pool. I stepped into the hot tub only to find that it was a luke warm tub. With a garden hose pouring cold water into it. So we went over to the pool, it was cloudy and murky. I stepped in and it was freezing! THAT WAS IT! I immediately asked my boyfriend to go ask for a refund, as I was just too angry to deal with the situation. He went to the office and she did give us a refund for our two nights. We then had to drive around at 800 at night trying to find a new place to stay. Of course there are alot in the area, but we were on somewhat of a budget, and we wanted to to have both an indoor and outdoor pool. My daughter was tired, and upset that she couldn't go swimming. Luckily we found one and were checked in by 900. The Yankee Clipper. They have an indoor pool and hot tub that is open til 11pm. It isnt heated, but they dont advertize it as such either. They also have an outdoor pool and hot tub.They were actually cheaper than Storybook Inn as well. You may also buy your StoryLand passes through them and recieve free breakfast at the Blueberry Muffin Restaurant, the hotels restaurant. We checked in, went to our clean, yet very basic, room. Changed and went to the indoor pool for a while. Avery had a blast playing with the other children in the pool and in the actually hot hot tub. At ten we went back up to our room and changed, and went over to Friendlys only a few buildings down, open til 11. We had planned on being very much asleep by this time, but thanks to Storybook Inn, we had a pretty late night. Infact, I'm in my hotel room right now, as I write this, at 1am. Had to get this out though. DONT GO THERE! Next time I want to save up a little more and go to Adventure Suites. Looks AMAZING!

Room Tip: Don't book a room at this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Tiffany M

Travelers are raving about these Glen hotels

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Ask for and received special rate from online and lots of other families and guess there. Perfect location as jump off spot. ROoms had everything we needed for grandparents, adults and grand kids. Clean and cold fridge, micro, amenitues

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Susan N
Vernal, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Storybook is a lot more than meets the eye...It's surprising to see how spread out the property is, with lots of lawns and woods surrounding the different rooms. We stayed in the secluded Brookside section which was spacious with an outdoor patio, king bed and fireplace. We were far enough away from the highway that we didn't hear the traffic. I really enjoyed soaking in the hot tub and indoor/outdoor pools after a day of visiting nearby waterfalls. Storybook's location is the best! You're at the junction of two major state roads, which makes for a great stepping off point for heading off to the many attractions, literally, just minutes away (like Storyland and Attitash). Not having to deal with traffic of nearby North Conway is a big plus in my book. While there, I checked out the rooms in the Inn and found them to be lovely-cozy and quaint--perfect for larger families or groups of friends. I like having a variety of room locations to choose from, such as the case at Storybook. I highly recommend Storybook Inn & Suites. With their friendly, helpful staff, you won't be disappointed, Definitely a cut above the chain hotels found on No. Conway's strip.

Room Tip: Woodside & Brookside units are more secluded & larger than the rooms around the pool area.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank karlkarren
Sutton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

The Storybook Inn is a great hotel for kids and adults. They have themed rooms which are fun for kids. They have a good menu, offering food that kids enjoy. The hotel is down the street from Storyland, which is very convient. There are several restaurants nearby if you chose to try something other than eating at the hotel restaurant. The rooms were very neat, and the staff very friendly. Overall, our stay was very nice and relaxing. I would highly recommend taking a chance on Storybook Inn, you won't be disappointed. Diane A (Sutton)

Room Tip: Very kid friendly
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dianesun1515
Marco Island, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

The Wife wanted to be a leaf peeper and since she told me our 7 month old Son would love the experience I gave in. So, the question was, where to stay for a couple of nights. Usually when we make it up to the area we stay at Suisse Chalets in Intervale, but since I had been to Storybook before and they had an indoor pool that our boy could use we decided to stay here. The price was super cheap (even cheaper than the Chalets by $35), and things looked exactly like I remembered way back in the day. Yes, the rooms are dated, but they are HUGE and perfect for a young toddler to roam around. There was a mini fridge as well to keep the beverages cold. The tv was small and old, but worked and got good reception on all of the cable channels. The bed was a little hard and there was no fitted sheet, just a top sheet tucked in. The indoor pool was a little too chilly to take a dip in which was too bad, but not a big deal. Bottom-line, this place is great for the budget traveler who does not demand much from a 3* place to rest your head. I would definitely stay here again. The location cannot be beat......right across from the Red Parka and Glen Junction no less, so breakfast and dinner are a stumble away!

Room Tip: We stayed in the section by the brook as it is separated from the main street.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank CdrMcBragg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen
Bartlett Inn
Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast
Nordic Village Resort
Nordic Village Resort
#6 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to Storybook Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!