“Third try a charm”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: US Route 16
Reviewed September 15, 2009

Have had one good, one so-so experience here. Visited on a Sunday night and had the barbecued romaine lettuce starter with roasted grapes - very nice presentation and delicious. Followed with the roast chicken, spinach and potatoes - chicken was moist and tender. My husband had the steak and was very pleased. Nice wine selection.

Reviewed March 1, 2009

The sign was hard to find because it was dark, but we were thrilled to have found this restaurant! The food, presentation, and service were excellent. We were pleasantly surprised with each dish. The wine list is fabulous and gave excellent recommendations - follow their advice.

We look forward to returning.

Reviewed February 5, 2009

White Mountain Cider is my all time favorite place to eat in the Mount Washington Valley. The staff is always friendly and the service is always fantastic! The food is consistently delicious and I find something new to try every time I go in! The Grilled Hearts of Romaine Salad is a must have!

I love this restaurant so much that they catered my wedding 2 1/2 years ago! People are still talking about the food! "That was the best wedding food I have ever had!" is a comment I hear to this day!

This establishment is by far the best restaurant in the Mount Washington Valley!

Reviewed December 12, 2008

There are far better local places to eat than this over priced rest. Charging Boston prices for average or below meals.
Nice atmosphere.

2  Thank GollyGee1
Reviewed August 6, 2008

My hubby & I went here during a weekend getaway.. Neither of us were impressed...It is VERY expensive and the food was mediocre at best. We had coconut shrimp to start ( it consisted of 2 small shrimp with shredded coconut layered on top)--and each of us had a scallop dish..Portions were very small and not very flavorful.. We didnt have any alcohol, just soft drinks. We shared a dessert to end. The bill was well over 135.00 before a tip! I dont mind paying well for a good meal, especially during a weekend getaway such as this..But in this case you do not get what u pay for. First off It was very tight quarters, the tables were extremely close to each other..it felt as though you were eating with the group at the next table. There was a bar smack in the middle of the place.. which was full. Each table had marble tabletops with a small candle. We were told it was quiet and romantic and it was neither. Honestly, it felt like a nice fast food restaurant comparable to the 99, but triple the prices. So if you are looking for a romantic place to get away to...go somewhere else.

2  Thank Jovan314