“The house salad is worth the trip but stay for the entrees”

White Mountain Cider Company
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Glen
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: US Route 16
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We ate at White Mountain Cider company two years ago and I never forgot how good it was, particularly the house salad, so when we got back in driving distance we made the effort to get right back. Again the house salad was worth the trip: beautiful baby greens topped with almost translucent julienne fans of tart apple, bits of crunchy shallots and toasted pecans in a perfect maple cider vinaigrette. I think I could have it every day and never tire of it. But the entrees are delicious too (that night we had a perfectly grilled chicken breast with wild mushrooms over fettucine with creme fraiche served with haricots vert. The menu has petite appetizers and larger starters as well as delectable desserts. The menu is very creative but the locally sourced food is so well prepared that everything exceeds expectations. I'd make the effort to go there. This is a cozy spot and comfortable--while the food is star-worthy the restauran and wait staff are not pretentious--they want you to enjoy the experience.

2  Thank CarolinaBecky

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I've eaten at the Cider Co. many times, and I'm always amazed by the unique and delicious food they serve. It's not cheap, but it's high quality food and is worth the price. They have many beers on tap, the staff is accommodating and friendly, and the atmosphere is wonderful. It's a chic spot in an otherwise typical rural NH town. Reservations are a good idea on weekends during tourist season.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

My wife and I did some hiking in the Whites for our anniversary. My in-laws had recommended WMCC as a great place to dine and said they would be very capable of working around my wife's gluten and dairy allergies. We ended up sitting at the bar and eating....for over 2.5 hours! It was the best meal we've had in some time. EVERYTHING we ate from the cheese/meat plate to the homemade chips, shrimp and pork chops, and the happy ending cider donuts with ice cream was top notch! And the bartender's knowledge of all products at the restaurant (not just the drinks) was very impressive. Amazing he can remember all of the "fine print" facts attached to each plate or drink at this restaurant. Highly recommend this place. You will be hooked!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have been going to the White Mountain Cider Company for years now. Whenever I am in the area I have to stop and get 2 dozen cider donuts to take home. I've had lunch at the bar and superb wine dinners for New Year's Eve. Quality and excellence every time we go.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is the best meal I've had in a long time! Everything was perfectly done. Excellent cocktails. The best part it was top notch food without being stuffy. We will definitely return when we are back in the area.