“Good size portions. Excellent bread.”

Joseph's Spaghetti Shed
Ranked #8 of 11 Restaurants in Glen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Joseph's Spaghetti Shed is a family owned, family friendly restaurant that has been in business for over 30 years.
New York City, New York
“Good size portions. Excellent bread.”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have been here many times over the years and so I do not understand some of the negative reviews. Good spaghetti. Large portions. Excellent bread with garlic butter. But it is mainly spaghetti. Not much you can do to improve spaghetti. Average looking restaurant from the outside and inside. What is nice is it is one of the few restaurants in the Bartlett area, if you do not want to go into North Conway. Fine for kids. Did I mention excellent bread?

• Visited July 2013

Maldon, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

For the life of me, I simply cannot understand the criticism about this restaurant.

We waited around 5 minutes, but used that time to look at the menu. The waitress was immensely friendly & enthusistic, the restaurant was perfectly clean and most of all, the food was outstanding.

Our biggest problem was being spoiled for choice, especially with the desserts, which were to die for, particularly the pecan butter pudding. Really good value to boot.

Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Bryan D
Burlington, Vermont
“Spaghetti was plentiful with good Alfredo sauce.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Not many options. Stick with the spaghetti. Chicken tasted frozen. Alfredo was creamy and satisfying. Homemade bread was a bonus The shed was noisy. It is a favorite spot for families to stop after story land. Avoid at 5:30 when story land closes.

• Visited September 2013
BOSTON
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stay away from the dirty shed”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This place is dirty. If the dining room and restrooms are dirty I wonder about the kitchen. The food was ok, but both my children felt sick after we left. Spiderwebs, dirt....just plain gross.

Visited August 2013
Centerville, Massachusetts
“You Won't Leave Hungry”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

After driving north from Massachusetts, my family stopped in because he didn't last time. We walked in and told the friendly hostess the number in our party. She then disappeared for several minutes before coming back and seating us. As soon as we sat down, our server was there to take our drink order. We ordered the kids' and told her we'd order ours with dinner. We looked at the menu and then around the room trying to figure out who had what and what that plate was that looked so good. My wife, daughter, and I ordered the large Caesar salad and it was enough for 3 and at $6.50, a great deal. It was tasty, too. Homemade croutons and a nice oily Caesar that wasn't too creamy. My wife ordered the Chicken Marsala and while it was not what she was expecting (being made with a white sauce), she did say it was good. Considering the spaghetti to chicken ratio, she said it was maybe worth $9.95, but not the $12.95 we were charged. I, however, ordered the Eggplant Parm. with Bolognese sauce. It was worth the $14.95. It was tasty and hearty. While I think the eggplant was prepackaged and reheated, it wasn't bad. The amount of sauce and cheese was perfect on it and the side of spaghetti bolognese was enough, too. After the salad and fresh baked bread, it hardly had room for even half of my meal, so I gladly asked for a container to take it home. The kids had cheese ravioli with marinara and spaghetti marinara with a meatball. The sauce was great. I wish I could make sauce like that. The bread was fresh and cut so easily and was accompanied by a small dish of fantastic garlic butter as well as room temperature butter so that it was easy to spread. Overall, this place is like eating in someone's kitchen, not fancy, but a nice meal. I would go here again, and probably will.

• Visited August 2013