“Groundhog Day.”
Review of The Island Chef

The Island Chef
Ranked #7 of 11 Restaurants in Glen
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Healthy
Description: The Island Chef is a gourmet style sandwich shop and deli. Our specialty is our Cuban Sandwich, The only real Cuban in the north country.
Jacskon, New Hampshire
“Groundhog Day.”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I’ve got one problem with this place- specifically that their Cuban is so good I haven’t ordered anything else on the menu in the last four years.

Every time I leave, greedily clutching my bag of Cubans (yes, plural), I think to myself “Man, next time I should try the Coral Reef or the Anna Marie.”

Guess what happens next time?

Like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day, no matter what I do, the outcome is always the same…more Cuban sandwiches…

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Maats N

“Must Visit!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I split the cuban sandwich very good! Chef/owner very friendly. Excellent selection of hot sauces,spices,coffee.Will be back on our next trip in the area.

• Visited March 2014
Londonderry, New Hampshire
“Fantastic sandwiches in a shop with a huge collection of hot sauces.”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

If you are looking for a good hearty sandwich at a great price, just stop by the Island Chef. Don't expect this to be a quick stop, though, as the shop is full of interesting foods and hot sauces, as well as interesting gifts from the region. It is worth the walk around while your sandwich is being prepared. Make time to enjoy your sandwich as well, as they are worth your consideration.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Karen P
Somerville, Massachusetts
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Delicious freshly made sandwiches at a great price. Easy enough to find if you are looking, but would not have stopped without it being pointed out by our innkeeper. Very glad we did. Had a wonderful chat with the owner as she made our food to order in that 50s-deli sort of service you just don't find any more.

Will certainly stop in each time we come to the area.

The store behind the deli area has an incredible selection of hot sauces as well as a plethora of other foodie items.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Moon B
Boston MA
“Consistently good!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Have stopped here numerous times for a sandwich and to browse the unusual products sold. Today we shared a Cuban - absolutely delicious. Also shared a whoopie pie - a bit too much sugar in the filling made it a bit too sweet. The owner is very friendly. It's always pleasant to stop here.

• Visited July 2013