Golden Apple Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
New England Inn(Intervale)
Villager Motel(Bartlett)
View Hotel
All reviewsnorth conwaywet barwhite mountainsfree coffee in the lobbyking roombang for the bucksunrise shackloved this hotelmicrowave and fridgelobby areaflat screen tvstay an extra nightroom ratereasonable ratesgreat for familieswould definitely stay here againlarge bathroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We just got back from spending 2 nights at the Golden Apple Inn and it was perfect. The place is brand-spanking new with nicely appointed rooms and friendly staff. We had a spacious suite that was more than enough room for my husband and me and our 2 children. It even had 2 full baths! This will be our go to hotel for all of our Story Land visits.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank HuffmanLisa
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Very well organized.
The Motel is friendly, very clean and the people at the desk are really helpful resolving every small problem.
They gave us advice to other motels too for the following part of our trip.
Is it not enough for Tripadvisor? They are simply great.
Please, I can't spentda lot of time writing in English this advice for other travellers.
Golden Apple is ok. What else you need?

3  Thank Hypatie
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We ran across The Golden Apple Inn while we were on our way to another hotel that was 40 minutes away from the activities we were planning with the kids. I stopped in to check their availability for a few additional nights as well as the cost and could not believe how cheap it was for all the attractions nearby...5 minutes down the road from Storyland and 15-20 minutes from North Conway shopping. We decided to tell the other hotel we were going to (which was not very clean) that we would only be able to stay one night instead of the 2 we booked, I called the Golden Apple and was able to reserve a room and at the last minute booked another night and they were so accomodating and friendly. We will definitely be back to this hotel as we make yearly trips with the kids.

The only disappointment was the pool as it did not look very clean and up to date so the kids were not able to swim, but I think they are still renovating and cleaning up. The rooms were all brand new and the beds were super comfortable.

3  Thank CrippsFam
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We stayed at this newly renovated motel and loved it. After a hard day of hiking we rested in the jacuzzi by the fire place in our room. Living the dream!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PTerry
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I stayed here with my wife and 2 year old daughter while we were visiting the area for 2 nights (Outlets in North Conway- Story Land). Found the property while browsing on the web and a special rate was being offered for 2 nights midweek so I figured why not give it a shot as its VERY close (1-2 miles) from StoryLand on 302. We were not sorry we booked here and it was a good value.
As the others have noted the rooms , very recently made over, are great. The property is a 'no frills' motel style close to a busy road (although our room faced the road noise wasnt a problem especially with the AC on) I liked being outside the 'hustle and bustle' of downtown North Conway (a 10 minute or so drive with no traffic although the main road does back up considerably towards dinner time during the summer in downtown NC) but people who want to be close to the outlets might be better served looking for something a bit closer.
Room was spacious, the small sofa was a nice plus, new flatscreen tv, fridge, and nice granite counter tops all small touches not always found in this class of property. I enjoyed the WIFI with no problems and it was plenty strong and fast in my room. The only 'negative' (and a very small one at that) was the free coffee in the lobby wasnt available till 8am when the office opened and not at 6 when we got up, not a big deal as there is a new Dunkin Doughnuts with drive though a few miles down the road which I frequented both mornings but would have been nice if coffee was available on property a bit earlier as many guests are up and ready before 8am, still tough to complain too much about something as trivial of the timing of free coffee!
Service at the front desk was great. As an example: When I thought I had checked out and left my camera in the room after an hour on the road (it turned out it was in fact in my bag in the car) I called the front desk, The gentleman at the front desk ran down to the room to look while I was on the phone rather than give me the expected "leave your number and we will get back to you". I wasnt expecting him to personally go look at that moment, and was impressed by this level of service; if this is how the staff regularly treats customers here you are in good hands staying at this property while you are in the area!!

3  Thank dolsenator