“Wonderful day even in pouring rain”
Review of Story Land

Story Land
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Glen
More attraction details
Owner description: Story Land – where fantasy lives! Story Land is a safe and natural setting where children and their imaginations can run free. We provide a great value to our guests every day, with all-inclusive rides, shows & attractions, reasonably-priced admission ticket, FREE parking, and FREE pet kennels. Featuring birthday parties and character dinners, Story Land is a celebration for the young at heart. This world of fantasy is punctuated by the kaleidoscope of flowers and emerald fields of New Hampshire’s beautiful White Mountains. Timeless characters like Humpty Dumpty, the Old Woman in the Shoe, the Three Little Pigs, and Peter Rabbit came to life here in 1954.
Newport, Rhode Island
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Wonderful day even in pouring rain”
Reviewed August 8, 2008

We just got back from a two night stay in North Conway and without a doubt Storyland was the best part. It was pouring rain and we were soaked through but all the kids had such a great day. They range from 2 to 11 and all 5 had a great time, the rides were all running, the staff was so friendly and the park is spotless. The prices were so reasonable there is no ripping off the customers. The rides were fun for all the kids and there was enough to choose from that the day was full. The park is a must do for any one with young kids staying in New Hampshire!!!

1 Thank eatsout

Massachusetts
“magical vacation”
Reviewed July 29, 2008

We have been vacationing at Storyland for many years now with our 2 daughters now ages 11 and 9. Yes, our 11 year old still looks forward to it!! They get so excited when they see the sign they actually can't wait to jump out of their seat and get into the park. We get there when it opens and leave at closing and are sad when we hear the closing announcement. The park is very very clean and well kept. The majority of people are families with children of pretty much all ages-babies to young teens and some older-all in good moods and friendly. A terrific family place where you don't have to worry about crude language or profanity or public displays of indecent affection! It brings you back in time and you leave there with a wonderful feeling of family closeness and a memory your kids will cherish forever!
Very highly recommend, lots of fun for ALL ages!

MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Still fun”
Reviewed July 24, 2008

We decided to go to Story Land becuase it was a drizzly day and we had not been there since my son was 2.5. ( he is now 9.5) and my daughter is 3.5. It hadn't changed that much...which was okay, since it had been several years it was still new to see. They did add a circus new this year and it was actually very very good. I think that was our favorite part (especially since it was pouring all day). The rides all stay open in the rain, and there are no lines...so don't shy away from the rain...it really wasn't that bad. Even though my son was older, he still enjoyed several of the rides. My daughter loved it too! Glad that we went, but probably will not go back again anytime soon.

Guilford, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Great Family Tradition!”
Reviewed July 20, 2008

I've been going to Story Land my whole life, and every year they're making it better and better. The rides are safe, fun, and original. Story Land provides a wide variety of delicious food and desserts. I recommend Senor Muncheros. The workers are friendly, the park is clean, the shows are spectacular... this place is great. If your thinking that this theme park is only enjoyable for smaller kids, then your wrong. I'm 13 and I love going to Story Land! This place is definitely meant for all ages. The most thrilling rides in my opinion are the Crazy Barn, Bamboo Chutes, Dr.Geysers Remarkable Raft Ride, and the Polar Coaster. I hope you all visit Story Land soon!

2 Thank TheMaineVacation
Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“More than I expected..”
Reviewed July 6, 2008

I had never been to Storyland as a child and had only heard of it because my husband recommended we take our 2 year old daughter there this summer. I saw the brochure and thought it would be cute for her, but certainly did not expect it to be so enjoyable for her and for us. I found it to be very reasonable...free for our daughter and $24 for each of us. Even though next year we will have to pay for our daughter I still think it is worth the price. The rides were adorable, safe and fun. My daughter could ride all but 4 rides. We had a blast...going on the carousel over and over...the flying shoes...riding in the pumpkin coach, riding the train, driving the cars, the bamboo chute and more. (We must have spent at least $30 one weekend going on the carousel over and over at our town's festival.) The staff is very friendly and nice. The park was well planned out, clean and inviting. The food was actually good and very reasonable as well. You could take your own food in which was wonderful. We only brought water...our hotel was close so we just went back for lunch and nap and then back to the park. I actually felt like even though it is a business and the intention is that they make money, it felt like it was a place designed for families to have fun together without going broke. We will defininitely be going back!!!!

1 Thank mmn7268