“Kids loved it; grandparents - not so much”
Review of Story Land

Story Land
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Glen
More attraction details
Owner description: Story Land – where fantasy lives! Story Land is a safe and natural setting where children and their imaginations can run free. We provide a great value to our guests every day, with all-inclusive rides, shows & attractions, reasonably-priced admission ticket, FREE parking, and FREE pet kennels. Featuring birthday parties and character dinners, Story Land is a celebration for the young at heart. This world of fantasy is punctuated by the kaleidoscope of flowers and emerald fields of New Hampshire’s beautiful White Mountains. Timeless characters like Humpty Dumpty, the Old Woman in the Shoe, the Three Little Pigs, and Peter Rabbit came to life here in 1954.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Brought our three four year old grandchildren for the day. I had gone here when I was a kid their age so I really felt like I was going back in time, but I was pleased to see all the improvements. I haven't done any parks like this for awhile so was sort of surprised how much they charged for young kids, and there are no discount coupons (other than $1 off for seniors) to be had from what we heard. It cost us $144, but maybe that's reasonable in this day and age?? The brochure says "parents and guardians are encouraged to ride along", but, in most cases, they must! The height requirement for kids to go alone is 48"; I would think there would be rides for children 4-6 that they were able to ride themselves since the place seems generally geared to this age group. I was surprised to read of teenagers enjoying this place. Several rides only accommodated two people in each seat so, with three kids, it was difficult. For example, on the whirling whale ride two kids could sit in the front with an adult in back. If one adult doesn't want to go on a ride, you stand in line again with the third child! I read somewhere there are employees who are available to take kids on rides, but I don't know if this is a prearranged deal or not. No one offered us that option. The Fairy Tale Fiasco was fun, and "Alice in Wonderland" was really nice visiting with the kids before the show. I think it would have been nice if Red Riding Hood and Peter Pan hadn't disappeared so quickly afterwards as the kids would have had fun meeting them. Also, it would be nice if some of the "characters" were available throughout the park for kids to meet. Why can't Cinderella be in her castle more often for the kids to see rather than having to pay money to attend a tea? While it may be worth the money for the extra events with the characters, I think many of the attractions lose their impact with no real character involvement in the park. Employees were all very nice, and the man operating the roller coaster was very thoughtful to offer to hold my larger camera for me in a secure spot during my ride. The food was like every other theme park: expensive and ordinary. I would recommend bringing your own lunch. The set-up at the Food Fair was poor as people were backed up with people getting salads and wraps out of the cooler while the hot food was waiting to be taken by the people behind them. Two lines would make sense! The place is clean, and the kids had fun. I guess that's the point, but I would not make a return visit. Been there, done that.

1  Thank gr8passage
Write a ReviewReviews (1,163)
All reviews
in 33 reviews
"took advantage"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

For years we've taken our children here. We'll no longer be going. Last year we had a terrible experience with an employee screaming at my daughter. We made a complaint and were given a raincheck to return. We went back this weekend to give it another try after last years fiasco. Lines were moving slower than they do at Disney. Employees looked bored and were not friendly. Food was even more expensive than previous years. My family and I had a much better time at Santas Village. Employees are all friendly and helpful there. Such a better experience there. Something has changed at storyland...it's just not what it used to be.

4  Thank Beanz6887
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Every year we bring our kids to visit Story Land and we have a great time each year. There is a variety of rides sure to please everyone and plenty for everyone to do as a family. This year my kids were 7 and 4 and we had a wonderful time riding all the rides together. The park is clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. We always bring our own picnic lunch to enjoy in their picnic area. Plan on spending the whole day...it will take a whole day to go through the whole park. Great place for families!

1  Thank DmD183
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I took my teenage kids here and to Santa's Village in Jefferson NH. Story Land was great, only a tiny notch below Santa's Village. My kids loved remembering back to when they were small, and now that they are teens, they appreciate the pop history of this place since the 1960's. The front of the park is geared towards actual "stories", with expanded attractions towards the back.

The show are definitely geared to the little ones, my teens loved the rides and picture spots the most. I love the fact that a place like this still exists, and sets the bar very high.

2  Thank classicdj
See more reviews
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We took advantage of the deal that Story Land offers where if you go into the park after 3 they give you a pass to come back on another day. We went two days in a row and our daughter loved it! She was under the height requirement for 5 of the rides, but we took her on everything else! It was sooo hot while we were there, but they have a few water rides and they also set up mist tents, which was very nice! They even took one of their garden sprinklers and set it up for guests to run through! Every food spot we went to had great service. The workers were extremely friendly. I was a little worried about taking our 2 year old there because I didn't think she would be able to do very much, but this place is geared towards little kids. She got to meet some of the characters (Clifford was her favorite), went on her first amusement park rides and ate some yummy food! She had a blast running all around and we had to much fun watching her. Two-thumbs up!

1  Thank Nicole C