“America2013”

Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Glen
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Red Parka Steakhouse & Pub offers great family dining as well as an adult only dining area. Our Patio area is open during the Summer months. Our new menu features locally sourced produce whenever possible and several unique Gluten Free and Vegetarian items. In addition, our Specials feature only locally sourced meats, cheeses & produce. There are always live bands in the Pub on Friday & Saturday nights. We also have an Open Mic' night every Monday.The Pub opens at 3:30 Mon-Fri and the Dining Room at 5:00. On Sat & Sun, the Pub opens at 3:00 and the Dining Room at 4:00. We serve food util 9:30 Sun-Thurs and until 10:00 on Sat & Sun.
Whaley Bridge, United Kingdom
“America2013”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Recommendation took us here , stunning pub in equally stunning location . Service , food was excellent . We had steak teriyaki and pesto salmon also tried Indian pudding which we missed in Boston . Would recommend to all travellers in this area , well worth the visit

• Visited September 2013

• Polish first
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Good food..”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Service was good, was hard to find a parking space as parking is somewhat limited.. but would definitely go there again..

Visited August 2013
Andover, Massachusetts
“Not as good as it used to be - salad bar is sad”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Our family of 5 have been annual guests of the RPP for at least 10 years. This year, however, was not as good as in the past. Despite prompt and efficient service, the food quality has gone downhill. The salad bar, which used to be filled with all sorts or veggies, fruit and salads, had been reduced to half of its former offerings. The lettuce was rusty iceberg and some kind of green that looked like dandelion leaves and was equally bitter. Shredded carrots rather than sticks for the kids, mushy cucumber and beet slices as big as your palm were some of the offerings. Small children's portions. My husband's steak, ordered rare, was at least medium well and had quite a bit of gristle when he cut into it. I had the haddock - have the stuffing on the side or not at all. We ate outside, which is always fun as we love the stockade fence of retired skis.

ma
“Over rated and over priced”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Waitress was rude, $4.00 for the salad bar which I can't figure out what is so great about it. Basic salad bar.
Kids menu is expensive considering the portions.
Doubtful we will be returning.... Better places in the area..
Maybe back in e day this place was worth stopping at but not now. Hardly a steakhouse.
Was there on Friday August 23, 13

Dover, New Hampshire
“Great Vibe”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife, our two adult children and their significant others had dinner at the Red Parka Pub (RPP) in late August. The parking lot was quite full, despite it being a Monday, but we were able to find several parking spots. We did not have a wait, and were promptly greeted and seated.

The RPP has a nice rustic ski chalet theme to it, with a lot of exposed older wood. This ambiance is continued by their offering of a flight of beers on a portion of an old ski for $8.00, which all of the men ordered and enjoyed. The RPP also offers free self-serve popcorn, which is nice while waiting for one's order. Our server was very pleasant and attentive.

Everyone ordered a burger or sandwich, with the most popular choice being the Kitchen Sink Burger - $12.95, that comes with bacon, bbq sauce and guacamole, which I also ordered. I thought the burger was very average, and overpriced at $12.95. I was tempted to order the all-you-can-eat salad bar for $10.95, but decided not to, after looking at the salad bar. What was there looked tasty, but there was only one pasta offering, and significantly less choices than many other salad bars at which I have eaten. I did have a taste from one of my kids, and the salad dressing she had chosen was very good. Next time, I might choose the salad bar, instead of a burger.

It did take a while for our order to come, but the RPP was very busy, and the wait was reasonable in light of that. I would return again, and would recommend it to others.

• Visited August 2013
rpp302, Owner at The Red Parka Steakhouse & Pub, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. I feel compelled to comment on the quality of our burgers as that is what determines the price. We grind all of our burger meat from Choice Sirloin, Tenderloin & Top Round. This is a costly method, but we feel it provides for the best possible burger.

As far as our Salad Bar goes, we just took an extra Pasta Salad off so that we could put fresh watermelon on. In addition, every one of our salads is made fresh here and most of the produce is from local farms. I would be most interested in any suggestions you may have for additional salad bar items that you have seen other places as we are always looking to improve.

Thank you again and I hope you will dine with us soon.