“Unique local place!”

Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Glen
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Red Parka Steakhouse & Pub offers great family dining as well as an adult only dining area. Our Patio area is open during the Summer months. Our new menu features locally sourced produce whenever possible and several unique Gluten Free and Vegetarian items. In addition, our Specials feature only locally sourced meats, cheeses & produce. There are always live bands in the Pub on Friday & Saturday nights. We also have an Open Mic' night every Monday.The Pub opens at 3:30 Mon-Fri and the Dining Room at 5:00. On Sat & Sun, the Pub opens at 3:00 and the Dining Room at 4:00. We serve food util 9:30 Sun-Thurs and until 10:00 on Sat & Sun.
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My family and I wanted steak for dinner and we found it at The Red Parka Steakhouse & Pub. The wait was minimal and the food was delicious. Our server was great especially with my daughter! We definitely would be back.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Great restaurant with plenty of parking. Loved the New Englandy ski country ambience. Menu offered plenty of variety. They were very accommodating of the food allergy (milk, butter, cheese) in our party. Salad bar was fresh and enticing. Waitress made suggestion that saved us money (which we made sure she got back in her tip!) The ribs are well worth the trip. If we vacation in the area again, it is a definite go back to for us.

1  Thank Mufi H
rpp302, Owner at The Red Parka Steakhouse & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am very proud of our staff and their knowledge of the food that we serve. Your comments about our Salad Bar are also very welcome. We are trying to use as much local produce as possible while we can during our somewhat brief growing season.

I hope you will join us again soon!
Terry O'Brien

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I ate at the Red Parka just recently. He had steak tips and I had the petit filet. The steak was delicious. It melted in you mouth. We ate at the bar and the service was wonderful. I would recommend this restaurant if you are visiting the North Conway area.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

An older restaraunt that could use an update, but this doesn't take away from the quality of the food. Enjoyed the steak.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

On our annual vacation dinner outing we unfortunately chose the Red Parka. Disappointment is an understatement. Where do I start? Famous salad bar? Not fresh and certainly nothing special. And $4.95 with dinner! What a joke! You can get a better salad at Hannafords salad bar for cheaper. There were five of us and four ordered the "Long-time Favorite and Back by Popular Demand" Chargrilled Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken. Grilled? I think not! Maybe baked or possibly even boiled. And with skin?!?! Zero teriyaki flavor or any flavor at all for that matter. The sweet potato fries tasted old -- day old? I will say we had no real complaints about the service and when asked if all was ok we chose not to complain .. didn't desire anything else off the menu. To top it all off was the cost. No alcohol, no coffee, and no dessert and left nearly $150 lighter. So dissatisfied as a group, this is the first time we felt compelled to get the word out and write a review. Red Parka you can do better!

1  Thank Nancy S

I am sorry you didn't enjoy your dinner with us. However, EVERYTHING on our salad bar is not only fresh, most of it comes from local farms. If you dined out and wanted a salad on the side at another restaurant you would pay at least $4.95 for it. Our salad bar is "all you can eat".
As for our Chicken Teriyaki, it most definitely is grilled. The skin is left on to preserve the juiciness of the chicken. It is easily removed.
Our Sweet Potato Fries are made fresh every single day. We never serve anything that is less than fresh.
My last comment is that we truly mean it when we ask if you are enjoying everything - which you were asked. We genuinely want to know and will bend over backwards to fix any problem you may have. The only way we ever know if there is a problem is if a guest tells us. THAT IS WHY WE ASK. To not tell us when you are here and we can make your dining experience better and to use this forum to spout off does not improve your experience, does it? We could have made sure that you left feeling satisfied and happy if you had taken the time to answer that one question.