“A tradition”

Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Glen
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Red Parka Steakhouse & Pub offers great family dining as well as an adult only dining area. Our Patio area is open during the Summer months. Our new menu features locally sourced produce whenever possible and several unique Gluten Free and Vegetarian items. In addition, our Specials feature only locally sourced meats, cheeses & produce. There are always live bands in the Pub on Friday & Saturday nights. We also have an Open Mic' night every Monday.The Pub opens at 3:30 Mon-Fri and the Dining Room at 5:00. On Sat & Sun, the Pub opens at 3:00 and the Dining Room at 4:00. We serve food util 9:30 Sun-Thurs and until 10:00 on Sat & Sun.
nashua
“A tradition”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

With the decor bringing you back to old days of skiing and a pub floor that has seen its share of happy feet, the pub has great bloody Mary's after a day of skiing and some great food to fill the biggest of appetites.

Visited March 2013

• Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great pub with live music”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We have been here a few times and enjoyed it everytime. Seen some great bands and I applaud the owner for making sure he gets good live music. W e have always found the staff friendly and efficent. the food is good bar staff and we have enjoyed the burgers especially.

• Visited February 2013
Orlanda fl
“Maybe an off night”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Enjoyed this a few years ago with another couple and was enjoyed by all. I will admit I am still a fan of a good salad bar and was not disappointed. The latest visit was not so good. One sent a dish back, another complained about the dry chicken. Even the salad bar was reduced, though still good. Typical area tavern fare, and not the best around.

Visited February 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wouldn't Rush Back”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stopped here for dinner after our drive north for a ski weekend. The restaurant and bar were both pretty crowded (the bar has live music some nights). Once we checked in with the hostess, we decided we would grab a beer at the bar. We tried to get into the bar using the internal stairs, but we were told we had to go back outside and enter using the bar entrance--apparently the bar was "at capacity" and they were only letting people in through that entrance, which was a pain. Service both at the bar and later at dinner was friendly and prompt. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone in our group enjoyed their food. The portions are huge and the food is pretty greasy. I had a pulled pork pizza that was just so so. With so many other options in this area, I probably wouldn't rush back. Prices were reasonable, but wish the food was better.

• Visited February 2013
rpp302, Owner at The Red Parka Steakhouse & Pub, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
I am sorry you didn't enjoy your meals. The only thing you mentioned was the Pulled Pork Pizza - if you could tell me what else you had that wasn't perfect, that would be helpful. Also, did you tell your server that you didn't enjoy your meal? When they ask, they genuinely want to know. Our staff is trained to do everything they can to make sure that our guests leave happy.

It is definitely a pain to have to send guests outside to get into the Pub, but our fire laws are very restrictive on the number of guests allowed into the Pub. On nights that we will serve 400-500 guests, it makes it very difficult. If we were allowed to build a bigger Pub, we would surely do it.

Please feel free to contact me with any other input you may have.
Terry O'Brien
Owner
Deep River, Connecticut
“do not go!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Ltime I ate here before this 7 years ago ...3 or 4 times and it was good steak house...with a great pub for drinking good microbrews. The pub is still very good! The resaurant was old, rundown, smelled a little and the steaks were horrible. Bad, cheap cuts of meat, and cooked poorly. Not alot of care or attention. My daughter thiought it would be a great place for a burger. Burned and charred to a crisp. WAY!!!! overpriced.

Visited February 2013
Wow! You certainly didn't mince words on your opinion. Did you tell your server that you didn't enjoy your meals? We would most definitely have gotten you something else - particularly if your daughter's burger was overcooked.

As far as the cuts of meat that we serve, there is no place in this area that spends the money that we do to buy quality beef. We hand cut each steak - only after the strips have been properly aged to ensure the best flavor. That is why the prices are higher than what you may be used to.

I am curious as to what makes you say that the restaurant is old & run-down. Our guests opinions matter and I am not sure that I understand what it is that would make you comment on that. Yes, this is an old building, and hence, has limitations on what we can do to it. Please feel free to give me your thoughts on this. You can reach me at 603-383-4344.
Terry O'Brien