“Great Food”

The Red Parka Steakhouse & Pub
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Glen
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Red Parka Steakhouse & Pub offers great family dining as well as an adult only dining area. Our Patio area is open during the Summer months. Our new menu features locally sourced produce whenever possible and several unique Gluten Free and Vegetarian items. In addition, our Specials feature only locally sourced meats, cheeses & produce. There are always live bands in the Pub on Friday & Saturday nights. We also have an Open Mic' night every Monday.The Pub opens at 3:30 Mon-Fri and the Dining Room at 5:00. On Sat & Sun, the Pub opens at 3:00 and the Dining Room at 4:00. We serve food util 9:30 Sun-Thurs and until 10:00 on Sat & Sun.
Beverly, Massachusetts
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Whenever I'm in the area I make it point to eat here! It is a casual place with great food. The baked stuffed shrimp is to die for. Get the salad bar!! Great service too!!!!

Visited January 2013
rpp302, Owner at The Red Parka Steakhouse & Pub, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your review! Come back again soon.

• Polish first
orlando florida
“McDonalds's would have been better”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Were do I begin , we were a party of eight , the hostess was nice but our waitress was void of any personality whatsoever. I ordered a filet for $28 and ordered it med ( it was the jack Daniels or some other glaze ) and it came out rare and no seasoning. I asked for it to be cooked further and she seemed to not care while everyone was finishing it finally came back out and it was still raw!!!!!
The food was bland and service non existent . I felt taken when i received the bill they had tacked on 20% gratuity even though we were a party of eight I was with my five and the other 3 where on a separate ticket so I paid for exceptional service I did not have what a rip off

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank vidlers
rpp302, Owner at The Red Parka Steakhouse & Pub, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Please accept my apology for the poor service you received while dining with us. This is certainly not the normal quality of service. I would greatly appreciate it if you would contact me so that I could discuss this with you.

Your filet should have been cooked properly the first time. And to have you wait so long for it to be cooked more & STILL not be right is inexcusable. I will be addressing your complaints with my entire staff.

Again, please contact me at your convenience.
Terry O'Brien, Owner
Spokane, Washington
“Good food but weak service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had good food at this restaurant. We got a steak and added on the salad bar, then we got an appetizer and added on a salad bar. It was yummy and the perfect amount of food. Unfortunately our server was not helpful and cranky. The bar had a great atmosphere and I almost wished we had eaten in there. It was a little more lively than the restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
I am sorry that you felt your server was less than gracious. I will be addressing this situation with the servers. I would greatly appreciate it if you could call me so that I know who your server was that night. I am very proud of my servers and this is an aberration from their normal quality performance.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Pub Grub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice dinner in the Pub section. Beer & cider on tap (served in mason jars -- kitchy and not the easiest to drink from, but fits the atmosphere), split a special of steak tips and ribs. Meat cooked to order (medium) correctly, came out juicy and hot. There are bar munchies like popcorn and peanuts available, but we didn't partake.

We were greeted and seated right away, and had prompt but unfriendly service from a guy who definitely wanted to be elsewhere. I dropped a fork by accident, and had barely gone to reach for it when another server swooped in with a new one -- thanks!

A note for those expecting a more adult atmosphere: when they say "kid friendly," they mean it. We didn't expect screaming toddlers in the pub at 6pm, but that's what we got. A relaxed and casual dinner for two turned into a cringe-fest, and we didn't linger.

I apologize for the attitude of your server. I will be speaking with him immediately about this. Yes, we are kid friendly and often we get some screaming. Perhaps you didn't know that we have an adult dining section upstairs in the main dining room. We appreciate the desire for our adult guests to get away from the noise of children, so we do try to accommodate. I hope you will consider dining with us again and trying the Dining Room.
Windham, New Hampshire
“Fun place to go”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Only on Wednesdays can you have Jerry make you his famous margaritas! It is a fun atmosphere, local people telling you about the snow conditions, things to do and just laughing and having a good time. Food is good.

Visited January 2013