“Amazing Inn keepers, make this already wonderful place better than you can imagine!”

Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Glen B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The Bernerhof is a classic beauty, elegant but cozy. Updated with iMacs on every level, and iPads for loan in the rooms. There is so much to do in the area, but you might not want to leave, with a collection of movies, for curling up in your room. or board and card games down in common spaces. Also there is a Spa that my wife absolutely loves, And a wine and craft beer bar that will quench any thirst. This is all amazing, But what makes me love the Bernerhof is that it's innkeepers are of the highest quality I have met in the hospitality business. Breakfast each day is full of carefully prepared choices, and service is top notch at every turn. But it is Steve and Katey's ability to make you feel at home, and even feel like family, the right kind of family(engaging, caring, but intuitive and non-intrusive) that makes all the difference. I really can't speak highly enough of these people. My wife and I will be returning as often as we can.

2 Thank Daniel C
SteveandKatey, Owner at Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us! We subscribe to the idea of treating guests as friends and by the time they leave, they truly are. We loved reading your thoughtful review and promise to be ready for your revisit anytime you get the itch! Have a beautiful Christmas and know that you've now got some new friends in travel to add to your plans to see in the upcoming seasons.

Innkeepers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Boston, Ma
Reviewed November 30, 2013

My husband and I just returned from the Bernerhof Inn and let me just tell you we have been missing out not staying here in the past! I have been up to the North Conway area many many times and after always staying at the same places my husband and I wanted something a little more quaint and romantic. I trusted the reviews I read on tripadvisor and we booked it for one night. From the minute we pulled into the lot I loved it. The place is very inviting and sweet looking on the outside, very pretty at night time. We first walked in and were greeted by Steve, one of the innkeepers, he is amazing! He was friendly and immediately went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable, happy, had something to eat, had a cocktail, knew the area, had dinner plans, and the list goes on and on. I felt as if I were visiting relatives. Our room was amazing, nice comfortable king size bed, amazing Jacuzzi tub, and the décor was very clean and very very home like, we LOVED it.

We got settled in, had some fresh baked cookies, and went for a couples massage. I have had several massages in my lifetime and my goodness this was the best massage I had ever had, my husband really enjoyed his as well! The serenity was so much needed and it was so romantic. After that we had dinner and came back to Steve ready to give us a nice glass of wine in front of the fireplace. When we woke we had a fresh home cooked breakfast by Katey, the innkeeper, which was to die for.

It really is just so hard to put in to words how great this place was! You must try this place if you never have, we cannot wait to go back!!!! Thank you Steve and Katey for the most amazing romantic getaway my husband and I have had for a long time!!!!

John and Angie

1 Thank apinksoprano79
What you have been missing all along is exactly what you should have been finding! We loved getting to know you both and even to the extent that you took Holly on a lend-a-dog walk was so kind. We both just read your fine review and are proud to be the backdrop to a getaway you've planned for quite awhile. Thank you for the kind words about our accommodations and the overall stay you had. We wish you could have stayed longer and will be poised to greet you back soon enough!

Thank you again, Katey and Steve, Innkeepers
Plaistow, New Hampshire
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This Inn is in a great location first of all. Close to everything! Skiing, restaurants, outlets, trails, everything.

The inn keepers are wonderful. They even let us walk their dog around the nature trail on the property!

The house is beautiful with all the old Victorian charm you could ask for. It was clean and comfortable. Our room had a huge 2 person jacuzzi tub with a huge shower head. The bed and room was comfortable and cozy. It really was perfect.

We would love to go back and try the cooking class! It looked like a lot of fun! The afternoon snacks and breakfast were delicious.

We really enjoyed our time and will love to come back some day.

• Stayed November 2013
SteveandKatey, Owner at Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear friends from Plaistow: Thank you for staying at our Inn this holiday season and for the wonderful review after! First and foremost, Holly our Bernerhof Hiking Dog friend probably had more fun than you did on our hiking loop! She brings smiles to everyone who walks her and we believe she's proud of taking the lead and watching to make sure our guests are keeping up with her guiding!

Thank you also for the accolades on the details we are proud of here, from clean to comfortable, those descriptions make us proud and is the reason why we love to open our doors for guests every single day!

Come back in '14 and spend some time with us and if you stay tuned to our website we are going to be listing our Taste of The Mountains classes and dining programs shortly. We have approximately 4 classes a month and another dining event each quarter. We hope to see you then!

Happy Holidays from Katey and Steve
Nashua, NH
Reviewed November 24, 2013

What an awesome treasure! The Bernerhof is an amazing combination of historic class and homey coziness. I felt like I was visiting my grandmother's large house, much like I did as a child. You're taken care of and welcome to roam. I had a late night snack in the den with a fire going, what a priceless weekend we had!

Room Tip: Splurge on the rooms- it's worth it!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Casey: You are right, the Inn is a historic home! We are so happy you and Tina stayed with us and had great memories made! We enjoyed having you both in our cooking and dinner program! I think we should make it a regular event and have you both back for a spring visit? Your kind words made our day and rest assured, we will be here when you get the itch to head north from Nashua again!

Happy Holidays,
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

This place is amazing. My husband and I went for our 1st year wedding anniversary. We loved it, it was an experience. To me, it was all special from the moment I walked in. Warm, cozy, homy. The place is full of beautiful warm fireplaces. And it has this wonderful fragrance about it. Breakfast is delicious as well as anything they serve there. The Inn Keepers, Steve & Katey, enhance the experience and make it all that more special. Beautiful people. We plan to go back. No doubt, a New England charm. Located in the White Mountains area, part of the Mt. Washington Valley. About 10 mins from North Conway, which is another beautiful city. I just love the whole area, it's a culture in its own. Lovely.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SteveandKatey, Owner at Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Omar & Lourdes: We too have great memories of your time spent with us! We thoroughly enjoyed the introductions and subsequent time spent in between your jaunts and excursions on your anniversary! Holly, your trail escort dog misses you two already, your trip back hopefully will be as we discussed, before the next anniversary!

Thank you again for the very kind words and for allowing us to be a backdrop to your important quality time together!

Have a great holiday season and we'll be poised to welcome you back to your Inn away from home soon enough!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We have been to the Bernerhof Inn off and on over the past few years, as it is clean, comfortable, and conveniently located yet on a quieter stretch of road from the others. Katey and Steve (new owners but with a wealth of experience!) were welcoming and friendly, and definitely well-suited to be inn-keepers. Our room was clean, bright, spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious, plentiful, and had a nice presentation. The bar and sitting area are cozy and comfortable near the fire. We plan to make this our annual fall get away to NH.
Frank and Lisa, Boston, MA

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SteveandKatey, Owner at Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear Lisa: Happy Anniversary and a Thank You for returning to The Bernerhof Inn for your rekindling of your marriage! We loved meeting you both and sharing some conversation in between your R&R and hiking. Thank you for the wonderful feedback and rest assured that we'll both be happy to welcome you back even if it is before your next year trip up.

We hope your holidays are the best yet and Frank finds his final manger camel at the Christmas Loft. Come back soon and a heartfelt thank you again!

Kingston, Canada
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Only stayed one night, but would have liked to stay longer. The innkeepers went out of our way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. Lovely glass of wine by the fire in the evening and excellent breakfast in the morning. We would stay there again when in the area, but would probably opt for a larger room as ours (Eaton Village, I think) was a little cramped feeling. Other than that I would definitely recommend staying here if you like the charm of a small quaint inn.
Wendy W

1 Thank 41Wendy
SteveandKatey, Owner at Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Wendy: Thank you so much for your kind words and for having our Inn be a backdrop to some fine memories! We enjoyed reading about the comforts you found on your trip from Canada right here at the Bernerhof Inn. We do have some unique accommodations that are spacious as well, when you next return you will find yourself with a pleasant upgrade and the familiar smiles from the Innkeepers as well.

Thank you again for choosing us and we'll hope for you to make a speedy return soon!

Innkeepers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
Attitash Grand Summit Hotel
Cranmore Inn
Cranmore Inn
#1 of 21 in North Conway

Been to Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!